Today, along with over 50 organizations and individuals, we are releasing an open letter calling for immediate and concrete action to support the safety and viability of licensed child care programs in Ontario. We need a provincial plan to make our young children’s care as safe as possible and to prevent the collapse of the child care sector.
- Reinstate eligibility for publicly-funded PCR tests to include children, families, Early Childhood Educators, child care providers and staff;
- Recommence COVID-19 case reporting in the child care sector;
- Increase financial support to licensed child care programs to ensure recruitment and retention of qualified staff;
- Provide 10 permanent paid sick days to support child care workers and families with mandatory isolation periods;
- Take responsibility for the health and safety of families and workers by clearly guiding operators facing cohort dismissals due to positive COVID-19 test results in their programs.
To read the open letter: https://www.childcareontario.org/open_letter
You can sign on to support the open letter here: https://www.childcareontario.org/sign_the_open_letter
This is the second in a series of initiatives to draw attention to the child care crisis in Ontario.
Together we can make a difference.