- Invest an initial $375 million to develop and implement a province-wide Wage Grid for RECEs
and child care staff, as a first step to implementing “Growing Together: Ontario's Early Years
and Child Care Workforce Strategy.” A $25 minimum wage is required to immediately protect
and respect the early childhood workforce and address recruitment and retention issues.
- Immediately reverse $49 million in planned cuts to child care.
- Increase general operating funding by $500 million to stabilize the child care sector.
- Allocate funding to lower class sizes, ensure paid preparation time and collaborative planning
time for the Kindergarten Team, and ensure a healthy and safe work environment.
- Allocate $600 million to begin a transition to operational funding that supports low fees or no
fees for families.
- Fund 7 permanent paid sick days and additional 14 paid sick days during public health
Click HERE to read our full submission.
Do you like this post?