Happy New Year! As we ease back into work after the holiday break, we invite you to check out highlights from our work in 2023. Click on the image below to see the detailed recap.
- The AECEO hosted multiple Professional Learning events, including the 2023 AECEO Virtual Provincial Conference and in-person gatherings in partnership with Seneca Lab School and ASCY. Over 1000 people attended AECEO PL sessions last year! Register now for the first PL session of 2024 - Part II: Mindfulness & Grounding Techniques for ECEs. Click here to learn more!
- The AECEO joined ECE students and faculty for class chats and engaged with communities across the province at tabling events
- We published the Spring/Summer issue of eceLINK (Fall/Winter issue coming soon!) and released four documents that complement our work on the Roadmap to Universal Child Care in Ontario with the OCBCC
- 2023 was a big year for the Worth MORE! campaign! Worth MORE! Wednesdays and the Days of Action were a huge success. Thank you for joining us in whatever way you were able to! Click here to see highlights from the November 30th Day of Action across Ontario
- Since the announcement of the $18 per hour wage floor in 2022, the Ontario child care community has consistently advocated for a higher wage floor. YOUR advocacy and your ECE Power won! The Provincial government has now been forced to increase the wage floor for RECEs in the Canada-Wide Early Learning and Child Care (CWELCC) system to $23.86 per hour. We will continue to fight for a comprehensive workforce strategy that includes all ELCC staff in 2024 and beyond
- The AECEO Communities of Practice are growing! Exciting announcements to come in 2024!
- Rachel Neville joined our team as Community Outreach Administrator and we welcomed our Executive Director Alana Powell back from parental leave.
We are so grateful for the community organizations and members who supported and amplified our work in 2023 and look forward to building more meaningful partnerships in 2024! Make sure you sign up for our mailing list and follow the AECEO on Facebook and on Instagram to stay up to date on AECEO events and activities, professional learning opportunities and policy developments in the Ontario ELCC sector.
Become an AECEO member to help keep this work going and be part of the change in the Ontario ELCC sector. Membership supports accessible low-cost ECE-led professional development, connects members to early years professionals and communities across Ontario and builds a strong, united voice for ECEs in our province! Click here to join or renew your membership!