Association of Early Childhood Educators Ontario (AECEO)
The Association of Early Childhood Educators Ontario is seeking a dynamic and committed individual for the position of Executive Coordinator.
The AECEO is the professional association for registered early childhood educators (RECEs) in Ontario. The AECEO’s mission is to build and support a strong collective voice for RECEs so they can participate in and influence positive change that benefits children, families, educators and communities. AECEO advocates for respect, recognition and appropriate wages and working conditions for all RECEs. AECEO is a membership based organization with approximately 2,000 current members. Our members are individual RECEs, ECE students, early years staff and organizations/programs from across Ontario.
Position: Executive Coordinator, Association of Early Childhood Educators Ontario
Reports to: AECEO Board of Directors
The Executive Coordinator leads a small, hard-working team in the fulfillment of the AECEO’s mission through initiatives such as the Professional Pay and Decent Work project, Guiding Committee on Truth and Reconciliation, membership and fund development, professional learning, communications, community outreach and support, facilitating effective partnerships and government relations.
- Leadership and project management
- Critical thinking
- Writing and public speaking
- Knowledge of the early childhood education sector a strong asset
- Degree (master’s preferred) in Humanities, Social or Political Science, Early Childhood Education or related field of study, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Lead, coordinate and oversee staff team in the fulfilment of all operational, strategic and project requirements/deliverables
- Act as the spokesperson in communicating the mission, activities, policy positions and importance of the organization to the broader sector, legislators, community and in the media
- Monitor, research, evaluate and respond to public policy/sector developments and their impacts on the early childhood (EC) workforce and the broader sector; prepare policy and budgetary submissions and responses in coordination with the board
- Research availability of ongoing and project funding and develop grant or funding proposals that will support organizational projects and strategic plans
- Lead the development, implementation and coordination of advocacy campaigns
Skills, knowledge and experience:
- Excellent facilitation, leadership, project and time management skills
- Strong written/verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong and collaborative relationships with diverse partners and stakeholders
- Experience lobbying politicians/government on public policy
- Experience in community development and working in a non-profit organization with a board of directors
- Knowledge of/work experience in the early childhood education sector
- Ability and interest in public speaking to a wide range of groups
- Grant writing experience
- Ability to work with membership and the public from diverse social, ethnic, cultural, and economic backgrounds
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and willingness to travel to various parts of the province (preferred)
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Ability to travel within Ontario
This is a full time, salaried, position with occasional evenings and weekends.
Salary: 60,000/year, plus benefits after 3 months
Work location: AECEO Office, 489 College Street, Toronto, Ontario
Application deadline: September 17, 2018
The AECEO welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including individuals within the employment equity categories of women, trans people, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and Indigenous persons, individuals of diverse gender and sexual orientations and all groups protected by the Human Rights Code. If you are contacted by the AECEO regarding this job opportunity, and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.