On January 20th we held the first in a series of Child Care Days of Action to demand that the Ontario government immediately act to protect this vital sector.
The child care community and allies from across Ontario flooded Premier Ford’s phone line with calls about child care, demanding that the Ontario government:
- Reinstate PCR testing and reporting in child care;
- Increase financial support to child care;
- Provide adequate and ongoing supply of PPE;
- Legislate 10 permanent paid sick days; and
- Sign the $10 a day child care agreement.
This phone blitz was just the first in a series of escalating actions as we draw attention to the child care crisis in Ontario.
We thank the many people from all over the province who participated in the Child Care Day of Action.
Do you like this post?