April 8th-9th, 2017 - OTTAWA, ON
Due to a limited number of student registrations available, the limit is one per student/email
You must be currently enrolled in school and pursuing a 2/4 year ECE diploma. Please bring your student I.D.
This 2 day training session is an excellent opportunity for those interested in taking up an active role in their communities and in our Professional Pay campaign. Participants will gain the skills and confidence to engage others, to become leaders in their work environments and to champion positive change in our sector.
The curriculum teaches emerging leaders how to:
- Gain self confidence to tell your story/speak your mind to motivate others
- Recruit and retain members of your community/program to work towards a common goal
- Build strong Communities of Practice (CoP) that foster leadership among ECEs, staff and parents
- Strategize in a CoP setting and utilize tactics that build power and move decision makers
- Have a strong social media presence
Participants will take away skills and knowledge that can be used to organize Communities of Practice (CoP) and to promote leadership among staff teams in a variety of early years settings.
Lunch & refreshments will be provided for the 2 day session.
Professional Learning certificates will also be provided to participants