Building Skills for Change in Early Years and Child Care
We are just a week away from our first “Building Skills for Change in Early Years and Child Care” training session in Toronto on March 4th & 5th and there are still spaces available! Register Here!
We are partnering with long-time child and family advocate Olivia Chow and the Institute for Change Leaders to offer province-wide training sessions with the aim of connecting ECEs and early years staff with parents and engaged community members to strengthen our campaign for Professional Pay & Decent Work in early years and child care.
This 2 day training session is an excellent opportunity for those working in the early years and child care sector who are interested in taking up an active role in their communities and in our Professional Pay campaign. Participants will gain the skills and confidence to engage others, to become leaders in their work environments and to champion positive change in our sector.
The curriculum teaches emerging leaders how to:
- Gain self confidence to tell your story/speak your mind to motivate others
- Recruit and retain members of your community/program to work towards a common goal
- Build strong Communities of Practice (CoP) that foster leadership among ECEs, staff and parents
- Strategize in a CoP setting and utilize tactics that build power and move decision makers
- Have a strong social media presence
Participants will take away skills and knowledge that can be used to organize Communities of Practice (CoP) and to promote leadership among staff teams in a variety of early years settings.
(dates to be released soon!)
SIGN OUR PETITION TO SUPPORT THE CAMPAIGN AND GET UPDATES