Posted on behalf of Huron Playschool Co-operative
Full-time Registered Early Childhood Educator
Contract position September 2017 to June 2018 (with potential for renewal for 2018/19)
Hours of Work: Rotating shifts from 8:30 to 6:00. We follow the TDSB calendar.Read more
Posted on behalf of Ryerson Early Learning Centre
At the intersection of mind and action, Ryerson is on a transformative path to become Canada's leading comprehensive innovation university. Integral to this path is the placement of equity, diversity and inclusion as part of our DNA - our current academic plan outlines each as core values and we work to embed them in all that we do.
As an employer, we’re working towards a people first culture and we're proud to have been selected as one of Canada's Best Diversity Employers and a Greater Toronto's Top Employer for 2016. To learn more about our work environment and innovative educational environment, visit http://www.ryerson.ca, check out @RyersonU, @RyersonHR, and @RyersonEDI on Twitter, and visit our LinkedIn company page.
The Early Learning Centre
The Ryerson Early Learning Centre (ELC) is the School of Early Childhood Studies’ licensed laboratory early learning and child care centre. The ELC is a full-day child care and early learning program for 65 children from ages eighteen months to five years.
We are currently seeking an experienced, dynamic, and forward-thinking manager to lead and oversee the curriculum, practices, and environment of the ELC. The manager will work collaboratively with the School of Early Childhood Studies faculty, staff, Director, and Associate Director, as well as with the centre’s Registered Early Childhood Educators in the development of progressive pedagogical and research practices. The alignment of the laboratory school practices and goals with those of the School is an integral part of the role. As a laboratory school, we pride ourselves on innovation, inquiry, and reflection; respect for children; and responsiveness to families. We seek a manager who reflects and models these qualities.
Permanent full-time – 30 hours per week
Location - Sudbury
Working on the day-to-day operations within the Best Start Hub (BSH) team, you will work in collaboration with BSH staff as well as neighbourhood partners in the provision of BSH services to children and their families. You will support and recommend evidence-based child guidance strategies and development guidelines to parents/caregivers, plan, develop, and implement family-centered early learning programs as well as facilitate workshops, discussion groups or individual family sessions.
Registered with the College of Early Childhood Educators, you have a degree or diploma in early childhood education or a related field. An analytical problem-solver, you have a minimum of four (4) years of experience working with children and their families including children with special needs. Your knowledge and adaptation of Ontario’s Pedagogy “How Does Learning Happen?” will support your implementation of play-based child and family learning. Your awareness of children’s services and appropriate resources, client needs assessment, and methods for curriculum and training design is complemented by a valid CPR and First Aid certification. A valid Ontario driver’s licence and access to a personal vehicle are required. The ability to communicate in both official languages is considered an asset.
Better Beginnings Better Futures - Greater Sudbury, ON
Diploma in Early Childhood Education or a relevant child care field is required to work in our licensed after school programs with 4 and 5 year old children.
Job Type: Casual
Required education: Diploma/Certificate
Early Adventures Child Care Centre - Etobicoke, ON
We are currently looking for a part-time (A.M.) RECE to join our team. The position requires flexibility, as it involves coverage in all classrooms (Toddler, Preschool, Kindergarten, School Age). Hours will be dependent on the centre's operational needs as well as the time of year (i.e. when the children are with us full time, the hours may be increased.)
- 6:45 - 10:45 a.m. Monday to Friday (shifts may change depending on Centre's operational needs, flexibility a bonus)
- Full-time hours may be scheduled during PA Days, March Break, Christmas Break, as needed
- Compensation: commensurate with experience
- A degree or diploma in Early Childhood Education from a recognized post-secondary institution
- A registered member in good standing of the College of Early Childhood Educators
- Minimum of one year post diploma experience working in a licensed child care centre
- Working knowledge of ELECT framework
- Knowledge of the City of Toronto Assessment of Quality Improvement, Early Childhood Education Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice and all other applicable Acts
- Excellent English language communication skills, both verbal and written
START DATE/TERM: March 27 2017 – May 1 2017
REPORTS TO: Supervisor, Dovercourt
Delivers high quality and developmentally appropriate programs for children to facilitate their physical, social, emotional and cognitive growth. Implements programs and activities that facilitate inclusion and integration of children with special needs. Supports a team environment in the classroom and the Centre.
- Supervise children to protect their safety and personal well-being at all times while in care. Make sure equipment and physical environment is maintained free of safety or health hazards.
- Assist with planning, executing and evaluating daily programming using the curriculum and approach approved by the agency to promote children’s optimal emotional, cognitive and physical development. Encourage active learning to build self-esteem in an inclusive and respectful environment. Facilitate planned and spontaneous experiences.
- Observe children’s strengths, areas of challenge, emerging skills and interests. Collaborate with the team to implement inclusive program plans.
- Record observation to support early identification of a child’s individual needs
- Demonstrate positive adult/child interaction, use effective and appropriate communication with children, promote children’s independence and problem solving skills, build children’s confidence, assist children with understanding and dealing with the consequences of their behaviour and model mutual respect and kindness
- Communicate sensitively and appropriately with parents/families. Provide meaningful feedback and information regarding their child’s learning and development, emerging skills and interests and the purpose of activities
- Participate in classroom set-up including play areas.
- Work with the team to effectively manage children’s medication schedule and allergies
The Trillium Lakelands District School Board is seeking applications for the position of Supply Designated ECE (Early Childhood Educators) in the City of Kawartha Lakes area, Haliburton County area, and in the District of Muskoka.
Under the direction of the Principal, the Designated Early Childhood Educator will partner with the classroom teacher to plan and implement a full day early learning program within a classroom setting and provide supervision and age-appropriate programming for groups of students as part of the extended day program, as required. The Designated Early Childhood Educator will collaborate in the design of programs and environments which will enhance children’s cognitive, physical, social and emotional development.
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education and six months child care experience in an educational setting;
- Registration with the College of Early Childhood Educators;
- Knowledge of Ministry of Education full-day learning Kindergarten curriculum;
- Ability to communicate in a sensitive, courteous manner with children, parents, staff and the public;
- Understanding of and commitment to confidentiality;
- Ability to follow directions, policies and procedures in an appropriate and timely manner;
- Experience in planning, developing and implementing age-appropriate programs;
- Basic computer skills;
- Strong organization and time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines;
- Current First Aid and CPR certification;
- Must be able to physically assist children as required (i.e. lifting, bending, crouching, reaching, etc.)
Apple Jacks Preschool is seeking an experienced, enthusiastic and professional RECE to join our growing team. This ‘RECE’ position will be for our Senior Preschoolers, which is currently a beautiful group of 6 children. The position is responsible for the planning and implementation a Reggio Inspired program following the leads and inquiries of the children. The right candidate must be creative and innovative in their approach to teaching and view children as competent and capable learners.
We are a warm and inclusive staff and pride ourselves on having a work environment that is professional, caring and respectful.
The full time position would ideally begin immediately.
Serious inquiries only. French knowledge is an asset.
Consult our website for more information on the program: www.applejackspreschool.ca
Please email email@example.com
Job Title: CNC Supervisor
Job Status: Contract
Reports to: Language and Settlement Director
Start Date: March/April 2017
As a member of the JIAS Toronto leadership team, the CNC supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the CNC (Care for Newcomer Children) Program in accordance with the requirements of the proper authorities.
Hours of Work:
- 8:30am – 3pm
Family Day is a non-profit Early Learning Agency. As a multi‐faceted organization, it provides a broad range of services for children and their families living in the GTA, York Region and Peel Region.
Reporting to the Director, Development & Programs, this newly created position is the result of the growth and the increased need for the services of Family Day Care Services across the GTA.
The Associate Director, Community Programs is responsible for the leadership of Family Day’s eight (8) programs and services. Providing leadership in the co-ordination, planning and delivery of Early Learning and Care programs and services, the successful candidate will oversee five (5) Program Managers who in turn each manage teams of up to 20.
We encourage those with the following background to apply:
Knowledge, Skills & Experience: