Compass Early Learning and Care - Lindsay, ON
Compass Early Learning and Care is seeking passionate, energetic, creative and experienced educators for the following positions:
Compass ELC Leslie Frost School Age Program
2 Contract Positions
Start Date: September 5, 2017
End Date: based on enrollment & funding
15 hours per week (3-6 pm Monday-Friday)
The successful candidates must:
Have experience working with children of all ages
Have strong interpersonal and communication skills, with an emphasis on teamwork
Have strong behaviour guidance skills that include problem solving, positive reinforcement and redirection strategies
Show warmth, sincerity and genuine interest when working with children
Have a valid First Aid/CPR certificate, a current health assessment (including TB test) and a current Police Vulnerable Sector Check (not more than three months old)
We welcome all applicants for these positions but please be advised that preference will be given to those registered with the College of Early Childhood Educators.
In keeping with Compass Early Learning & Care’s commitment to providing services in a manner that is accessible to all, reasonable accommodation will be provided for applicants upon request. Please contact Human Resources
Willowbrae Academy Bayview Village - North York, ON
$15.50 - $17.50 an hour
The teaching staff at Willowbrae Academy® are responsible for the daily care, instruction and supervision of a group of children 4 months to 5 years of age, under the direct supervision of the Academy Director. The teaching staff is responsible for the daily planning, implementation, and evaluation of the program.
An Early Childhood Education teacher employed at Willowbrae should have a strong educational background in early childhood education, successful practical experience in an early childhood setting, appropriate communication skills, the ability to design and implement relevant programs and activities, a willingness to adhere to the academy's stated philosophy, and a demonstrated commitment to professional development.
The successful applicant will possess a diploma in Early Childhood Education, and must be in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators. A valid First Aid and Infant CPR certification is also required as well as a vulnerable sector screening. Successful applicants may be required to complete additional courses if they do not meet all the established minimum qualifications. The selection committee reserves the right to choose an applicant who meets all or most of the above mentioned criteria. The selection committee will use both the interview and outside references in choosing the most appropriate applicant.
Position: Membership and Administration Coordinator
Reports to: Ontario Coalition for Better Child Care Board of Directors
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Deadline for Application: September 19th, 2017
The OCBCC is seeking a Membership and Administration Coordinator, reporting to the Board of Directors, who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is comfortable with multi-tasking as part of a small team. The Membership and Administration Coordinator is primarily responsible for all office and financial administration as well as membership development and support. Working under the direction of the Public Policy and Government Relations Coordinator, this position also includes assistance with communication, outreach and participation in OCBCC campaigns.
The Ontario Coalition for Better Child Care is Ontario’s central advocacy group for a universal, affordable, high quality system of early childhood education and care (ECEC). Formed in 1981, the OCBCC is a member organization comprised of non-profit child care programs, local and provincial groups, and individuals from across Ontario. OCBCC brings together early childhood educators, parents, centre directors, social activists, employers, trade unionists and academics to work on issues of shared concern. Most importantly we are people who care about child care.
- Administration of day-to-day office operations including processing of mail and publications; maintenance of files and minutes for executive and committees; schedule and arrange meetings; arrange maintenance of office equipment, purchasing/sourcing
- Financial administration including processing of invoices, mail payments, filing, membership invoices and fees; create financial reports throughout the year; provide documentation and coordinate with Auditor at year end
- Using Quickbooks, prepare bank deposits including backup documentation, create invoices and work with bookkeeper to maintain all OCBCC financial records
- Maintain and update membership database
- Work with membership to ensure active participation in OCBCC campaigns
- Ensure members are aware of OCBCC insurance programs and the benefits of OCBCC membership
- Manage and maintain social media tools such as Facebook, Twitter, and website content (website updating and managing)
- Participate in media outreach as requested
- Work with volunteers and placements students
- Contribute to proposals for campaigns and execution of these campaigns
- Work closely with other partner organization on campaign coordination
The successful applicant will have the following qualifications:
- Post-Secondary school education at college or university
- Proven ability to update and maintain website, and use internet communication tools
- Proven ability to design and produce newsletter, posters and promotional materials.
- Experience, or willingness to learn, Quickbooks and Nationbuilder
- Demonstrated initiative and professionalism
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to set priorities, manage multiple responsibilities and meet timelines
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, problem-solving and decision making skills
- High level of attention to detail and excellent follow-up skills
- Proficient in the MS office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Google Docs
Salary: $22 - 25/hour plus comprehensive benefits plan
Hours of work: 35 hours/week with occasional evening and week-end events.
Terms of employment: Staff are supervised by and responsible to a volunteer Board of Directors and are unionized under CUPW Local 2484, with a 3-month probationary period.
Apply with resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Please be advised that only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
We are growing and are looking for energetic, whimsical, and reliant RECE’s. If this describes you and you can show us why you are the best, then we want YOU to come for an interview. We are also hiring ECA’s and Supplies. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why we need to hire you. Visit our website at www.KidzKareToronto.ca. Our not for profit centre is located right in the heart of downtown, next to ACC and easily accessible through Union Station. Don’t forget to mention that you saw our advertisement posted by our good friends at AECEO.
Working out of one of our two locations in Georgetown, the RECE reports to the School-Age Program Supervisor and has accountability for the program delivery of the Links2Kids Before and After School Program . This is a part time position working approximately two hours before the school starts and three hours after the school ends.
The RECE is responsible for planning and implementing a fun and age appropriate school-age program for children in a group setting (classroom or gymnasium) in accordance with the Child Care and Early Years Act, municipal guidelines and the policies and procedures of Links2Care and the Links2Kids Children’s programs. As an employee of Links2Care, the RECE will actively demonstrate Links2Care Values and will promote and support the Mission and Vision of the Agency.
The Apple Tree Preschool & Learning Centre - Whitby, ON
Kindergarten RECE Position Available!
We are looking for someone to run our before and after school care program for the JK and SK class. We need someone who is flexible, friendly, ability to lead a class, and very independent. Knowledge of ELECT and the Emergent Curriculum.
This position is for a SPLIT SHIFT however, there is opportunity for full time hours within the split shift.
Candidates must have:
- Registered with the College of Early Childhood Educators
- Standard First Aid & CPR - C
- 2 Step TB Skin Test
- Up to Date Immunization
Job Type: Full-time
$18 - $20 an hour
Do you have a strong understanding of child development, pedagogy and the role of educators in supporting early learning?
If so, this is your opportunity to join the Ministry of Education and support the implementation and evaluation of early years programs and services that contribute to healthy child development in Ontario.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• conduct site visits to inspect, evaluate and monitor child care operations for compliance with legislative requirements and ministry policies
• identify corrective actions for identified issues
• identify and address immediate health and safety issues
• provide recommendations to enhance the quality of child care
• investigate complaints and serious occurrences related to child care
• liaise with community agencies and municipal services
• serve as a technical resource for the public, potential licensees and agencies on licensing requirements and program information
• when appropriate, participate in enforcement action
• participate on projects and project committees
Locations: Belleville, Hamilton, Kenora, London, Milton, Newmarket, Oshawa, Owen Sound, Thunder Bay, Toronto
How do I qualify?
The Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board invites applications for the position of Early Childhood Educator to work in Full-Day Kindergarten located across the district on a supply/on-call basis. The incumbent must be registered and in good standing with the Ontario College of Early Childhood Educators.
Applicants are invited to submit a letter of application, a curriculum vitae outlining your related qualifications and experience, and a one page sample of pedagogical documentation.
Please apply to:
Manager, Early Years
Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board 20 Education Court, Hamilton, ON L9A 0B9 Fax: 905-521-2543
Applicants are thanked in advance for their interest; however, only those who have been short-listed for an interview will be contacted. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Deadline for submission is Friday, August 18, 2017 by 4:00 p.m.