South Riverdale Child-Parent Centre
765 Queen Street East
Toronto, Ontario M4M 1H3
P: 416-469-3776 F: 416-392-0025
Job Title: Program Coordinator
The South Riverdale Child-Parent Centre is a non-profit family support program that has operated in Toronto’s Riverdale neighbourhood for 40 years. The Centre provides programs and services that support young children (0-6) and their parent/caregiver and aims to foster development, and strengthen families and communities. The Centre’s services include a drop-in program, toy and book libraries, workshops, and outings. The Centre also operates as an EarlyOn site.
The South Riverdale Child-Parent Centre is an equal opportunity employer. The Centre is committed to creating an environment that celebrates the diversity of its workforce and accommodates individual needs in order to maximize staff morale and productivity.
The South Riverdale Child-Parent Centre is seeking a permanent full-time Program Facilitator to develop and provide high quality programming to children (0-6) and their parents/caregivers, and to support the day to day operations of all aspects of the Centre. The successful applicant will need to have some weekend and evening availability.
Reports To: Team Leader
Employment Start Date: June 25, 2018
Salary and Benefits: Salary is competitive and benefits are available after three months of employment.
- Degree or diploma in Early Childhood Education (or related discipline) and member in good standing of the College of Early Childhood Educators
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with children and adults alike, and the ability to work effectively with colleagues and clients as part of a team.
- Strong computer skills (experience with Google Docs, Microsoft Office, Squarespace, Publisher preferred).
- Flexibility in accepting work assignments, and the ability to multi-task.
- Current CPR and first aid certification.
- Proficiency in a second language an asset.
- Develop, plan and implement programs for parents/caregivers and their children (0-6).
- Provide a welcoming environment to all participants while conducting orientations to new participants and ensuring registration and sign in procedures are maintained.
- Become familiar with the South Riverdale and East Toronto community and be able to make referrals for participants to other resources as needed.
- Maintain program attendance records, document referrals to participants, input data of participants and outreach efforts, and respond to voice mail and e-mail inquiries, among other duties.
- Undertake housekeeping duties such as disinfecting toys, washing equipment and cleaning the backyard.
- Attend weekly staff meetings, as well as trainings, meetings with other agencies, board and/or committee meetings as required.
- Support Centre activities outside the day to day operations, including fundraising efforts.
- Participate in any and all additional tasks for the day to day operation of the Centre as assigned by the team leader and/or the Board of Directors.
SRCPC thanks all who apply for their interest in the Centre but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidate must have a negative criminal reference check and vulnerable sector screening as a requirement of employment.