Working out of one of our two locations in Georgetown, the RECE reports to the School-Age Program Supervisor and has accountability for the program delivery of the Links2Kids Before and After School Program . This is a part time position working approximately two hours before the school starts and three hours after the school ends.
The RECE is responsible for planning and implementing a fun and age appropriate school-age program for children in a group setting (classroom or gymnasium) in accordance with the Child Care and Early Years Act, municipal guidelines and the policies and procedures of Links2Care and the Links2Kids Children’s programs. As an employee of Links2Care, the RECE will actively demonstrate Links2Care Values and will promote and support the Mission and Vision of the Agency.
1. Plans a varied program using a variety of teaching techniques that respond to diverse and individual needs.
2. Follows and adheres to licensing requirements of the program.
3. Coordinates and implements the service delivery of the Links2Kids School-Age program in accordance to the DNA, municipal guidelines and the policies and procedures of Links2Care and the Links2Kids School-Age program.
4. Evaluates program activities, monitors effectiveness and reports outcomes to the Supervisor and the Director.
5. Accurately collects and maintains client information based on program needs and employer requirements in accordance to the Links2Care confidentiality/privacy policies, the Childcare and Early Years Act and PHIPA and PIPEDA legislation.
6. Accurately completes program documentation including program plans, attendance records, schedules, health and safety and other program administration, as required.
7. Maintains a safe and healthy program and working environment.
8. Provides direction and guidance to Teacher’s Assistant program staff.
9. Provides information and resources of programs and support services available to clients throughout the Halton Region.
10. Provides basic First Aid as needed.
11. Participates in the broader Links2Care team by attending and actively participating in team/staff meetings and training and development sessions.
12. Actively promotes Links2Care programs and services by participating in community events and outreach, fundraising and marketing activities as required.
13. Performs other duties as assigned that support Links2Care and Links2Kids School-Age programs.
1. Must have an ECE Degree/Diploma or equivalent. (Must maintain registered membership with the College of ECE along with professional knowledge and competence).
2. Minimum 2 years’ experience working with children and families in a group setting.
3. Valid Standard Level “C” CPR/First Aid Certification and Safe Food Handling an asset.
4. An understanding of the needs of children, parents/guardians.
5. Effective oral and written communication skills.
6. Genuine interest in providing professional customer service and compassionate care to clients served.
7. Ability to work cooperatively in a team, interacting in a positive way with staff, clients, stakeholders and the general public.
8. Completion of a satisfactory C.A.S. check, criminal reference check and vulnerable sector screen is required prior to employment.
9. Ability to work varied shifts. Scheduled hours are based on availability and program needs. A commitment to working scheduled hours during the school year is expected.
10. Physically fit with the ability to occasionally lift and move items up to 50lbs.
11. Employees who travel for work related purposes must have reliable transportation, a valid Ontario driver’s license and a minimum of $1,000,000 liability insurance coverage.
Please quote: Job Posting 2017 L2K RECE
Please email: ETolnai@Links2Care.ca
Links2Care reaffirms its policy of equal opportunity regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability in accordance with Links2Care policy and applicable federal and provincial law.
Links2Care is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact our Human Resources Department at 905-844-0252 ext. 112.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
For more information about the programs and services offered by Links2Care, please visit our website
Job Type: Part-time