Closing date March 29, 2018
Monday to Friday with Occasional Evenings and Saturdays (40 hours per week)
Quality Child Care Niagara (QCCN) is a program delivered by the Early Childhood Community Development Centre
(ECCDC) on behalf of Niagara Region Children’s Services. The ECCDC receives annualized funding through Niagara
Region Children’s Services to support the goals and objectives of QCCN. It is a standardized, research-based
program designed to enhance the quality and developmental programming consistency within Niagara’s licensed
child care programs. Through QCCN, registered early childhood educators receive the training, tools, and support
they need to nurture and maximize the developmental outcomes for every child enrolled in child care.
We are seeking a highly professional, enthusiastic and dynamic individual to lead the ongoing development and
implementation of QCCN. In this role, the successful candidate would visit with Niagara’s licensed child care
programs to provide support in implementing QCCN. Additionally, the candidate would coordinate the training
components of QCCN, offer guidance to the QCCN Support and Training Team and liaise with the Quality Child
Care Niagara Advisory Committee. The primary hours for the position are Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30
pm; however, some evenings and Saturdays will be required on an as needed basis.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
• Early Childhood Education Diploma and Registration with the College of Early Childhood Educators
• Demonstrated leadership abilities and proven experience in previous early learning supervisory positions or
community quality initiatives
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of the components of Quality Child Care Niagara
• Outstanding communication skills; written and oral
• Strong interpersonal skills, capable of creating respectful, nurturing and empowering relationships
• Previous experience in developing and facilitating training
• Longstanding experience in program planning using Ontario’s recognized early years frameworks including a
strong understanding of How Does Learning Happen?
• Demonstrated ability to provide an inclusive environment for all children.
• Ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment
• Demonstrated documentation, organization and time management skills
• Strong knowledge of child care specific policies, procedures and regulations including a sound knowledge of
the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014
• Ability to work effectively within a busy and collaborative work environment
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and a high level of integrity
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and related computer programs
• A valid driving license and clear vulnerable sector check are required
Annual Salary with benefits
The ECCDC is an equal opportunity employer. Interested Applicants are invited to apply on or before March 29,
2018 by forwarding a résumé by email to email@example.com or fax to 905.646.2692. We thank you for your
interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.