Do you have a strong understanding of child development, pedagogy and the role of educators in
supporting early learning?
If so, this is your opportunity with the Ministry of Education to support the implementation and
evaluation of early years programs and services that contribute to healthy child development in
What can I expect to do in this role?
- conduct site visits to inspect, evaluate and monitor child care operations for compliance with legislative requirements and ministry policies
- identify corrective actions for identified issues
- identify and address immediate health and safety issues
- provide recommendations to enhance the quality of child care
- investigate complaints and serious occurrences related to child care
- liaise with community agencies and municipal services
- serve as a technical resource for the public, potential licensees and agencies on licensing requirements and program information
- when appropriate, participate in enforcement action
- participate on projects and project committees
Location: North Bay
How do I qualify?
• You have the ability to travel on a regular basis.
Knowledge of child development:
• You have knowledge of child learning and development theories and best practices, including an
understanding of the special needs of children with developmental and physical disabilities.
• You have knowledge of child care programming and services available to families in the community.
• You have the ability to interpret and apply child care legislation and regulations (e.g. the Child Care
and Early Years Act, 2014).
Analytical and problem-solving skills:
• You have analytical skills to identify risks and situations of non-compliance.
• You have problem-solving skills to develop corrective action plans based on identified risks and
• You have analytical skills to review operational information (budgets, receipts, etc.) and make
recommendations regarding licensing approvals, renewals and revocations.
Communication and relationship management skills:
• You have oral communication and presentation skills to explain technical information, legislative
requirements and child care best practices to the parents, community groups and child care centre
• You have interpersonal skills to promote and influence compliance with legislation and best
• You have relationship management skills to build and maintain collaborative working relationships
with a diverse range of stakeholders.
• You have written communication and computer skills (email, word processing, spreadsheet and
database software) to prepare reports, education materials and various other documents.
Salary Range: $64,448.15 - $79,038.05 per year
• 1 Temporary, duration up to 12 months, 621 Main St W, North Bay, North Region, General
• In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top
candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the
Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are
required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and
provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR
Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written
consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional
Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a
Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not
automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be
reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision.
The details of an individual's screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the
duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be
maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 123057, by Monday, June
18, 2018. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at
www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff
will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance
with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.