At Dundas Valley Co-operative Preschool (DVCP), we provide a nurturing environment that encourages meaningful interaction and play-based learning for toddlers and preschool-aged children. Under the caring attention of our ECE accredited teacher, our program encourages physical, social, emotional and language development. As a Co-operative Preschool, our program runs with the help of parent volunteers and is overseen by a Parent Executive Committee.
In September 2017, Dundas Valley Co-operative Preschool moved into a beautiful new purpose-built classroom at Yorkview Public School, located in the heart of Dundas, Ontario. As a result of increased enrolment, the parent executive has decided to expand the program from 3 to 5 half days per week. Licensed by the Ontario Ministry of Education, the preschool operates in accordance with the Child Care and Early Years Act.
DVCP is seeking a caring, creative and energetic Lead Early Childhood Educator (ECE) to supervise our morning play-based learning program for both toddlers and preschool children. The Lead ECE is responsible for the supervision and management of the classroom in accordance with the philosophy of the Co-Operative Preschool.
Reporting to the Parent Executive, the Lead ECE/Supervisor will be responsible for:
- Planning and facilitating a creative, age-appropriate play based learning program founded on the Early Years Curriculum for both toddlers and preschool children
- Creating a safe, high quality and nurturing environment
- Appropriately responding to the needs of each and every individual child
- Planning and coordinating the daily flow of classroom activities
- Coordinating daily routines as well as field trips and special events
- Supporting and maintaining communication with the parents and caregivers of the children through emails and documentation
- Liaising and coordinating with Yorkview Public School staff
- Liaising with the Parent Executive
- Keeping up to date with records for the city of Hamilton, the Board of Education and the Ministry.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as an ECE
- Registered Early Childhood Educator in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Education
- Knowledge of the Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice
- A Current Vulnerable Sector Police Check
- Doctor Certified Health Assessment and up to date in immunization, TB Test
- Current First Aid and CPR C
- Experience in working with both toddlers and preschoolers
- Passionate about working with children and contributing to their early experiences in education
- Highly self-motivated, demonstrates initiative and the ability to drive the program under the guidance of the parent executive.
- Understanding of the ‘Co-operative” spirit and willingness to participate in executive meetings, fundraising events and other initiatives that help drive the program forward
DVCP offers competitive compensation and our program runs Monday to Friday 9:00 am – 12:00 pm from September to June.
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to the attention of the Hiring Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org