Macaulay Child Development Centre - Toronto, ON
The Macaulay Child Development Centre is a multi-service, child care and family support agency.
Established in 1932 as a non-profit, charitable organization, Macaulay promotes the optimal development of children in partnership with their family and community.
Macaulay programs share a common commitment to prevention, early intervention and inclusion of children with special needs.
Please explore our website to discover more about our programs - www.macaulaycentre.org
Permanent Part Time (Split Shift) Position
COMPETITION NUMBER: E17-01-38
HOURS OF WORK: 5 Hours per Day on Instructional Days/ 7 Hours per Day on Non- Instructional Days
START DATE/TERM: September 5th 2017
REPORTS TO: Supervisor, Keelesdale CCC
Delivers high quality and developmentally appropriate programs for children to facilitate their physical, social, emotional and cognitive growth. Implements programs and activities that facilitate inclusion and integration of children with special needs. Supports a team environment in the classroom and the Centre.
Deadline for applications: Thursday, August 17th at 4:00 pm
Manitoulin Family Resources requires a Permanent Full Time Child Care Supervisor. This position will be responsible for the day to day operations of Manitoulin Family Resources’ Centre Based Childcare in Mindemoya supervising both a Family Grouping Program and a Before and After school Program.
The Successful candidate must have:
- 2 year diploma in Early Childhood Education or equivalent.
- Be registered and in good standing with the College of ECE's [Registered Early Childhood Educator].
- Management experience in a child care setting working with a variety of age groups is considered an asset.
- Strong understanding of current theories [including How Does Learning Happen?, ELECT and Think, Feel, Act], governing agencies requirements, CCEYA, Public Health and Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice in the Early Learning community.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suites including MS Word and Excel.
- Strong relationship development skills with the ability to build and maintain both formal and informal networks.
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills with the ability to effectively administer/reinforce policies as appropriate.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to analyze and diagnose the issues reaching a suitable solution.
- Ability to work in stressful situations with the ability to respond to changes and fluctuating demands with shifting deadlines.
- Strong written/communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate directions, concepts and information.
- Experience and understanding of working efficiently in a diverse environment.
- Current Driver's license and access to a reliable vehicle.
Registered Early Childhood Educators for Designated Early Childhood Educators (DECE) Positions
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is currently recruiting for DECE supply positions for the 2017-18 school year.
As a Supply Designated Early Childhood Educator (DECE) you will be available for both daily occasional and long term assignments. The responsibilities of the position include collaborating with the classroom teacher to plan and implement the Early Learning Kindergarten program within a classroom setting and/or taking the lead in implementing age appropriate learning for groups of students as part of the Extended Day Program.
The supply DECE will assist in delivering a faith-based full day early learning kindergarten program in an environment to enhance children’s cognitive, physical, social, spiritual and emotional development.
- A two year community college Early Childhood Education Diploma with experience in a childcare or educational setting;
- Member in Good Standing with the Ontario College of Early Childhood Educators;
- Knowledge of Ministry of Education full day early learning kindergarten program;
- Experience in planning and implementing age appropriate programs;
- Basic computer competency;
- Knowledge of related legislation and pertinent Board policies and directives such as, but not limited to Administration of Medication and/or Special Services
- Ability to stand/walk for extended periods and move/carry equipment for program; and must be able to physically assist children as required (e.g. lifting).
Organization: Earth Day canada
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Position Type: Full-time
Position Salary: $50,000
An exciting opportunity exists to join a pioneering team that is working to bring self-directed play back into children’s lives and especially into the school day.
Earth Day Canada is building an Outdoor Play and Learning (OPAL) team, which will conduct school trainings to develop the confidence and capacity to provide enriched and inclusive schoolyard play. This program is being studied and is situated within a larger public education initiative to promote high quality play provision in schools.
Earth Day Canada is seeking an OPAL Program Mentor to work closely with the OPAL Project Manager, and Director of Play Programs, to co-ordinate and implement the school trainings over 3 years and to assist with the broader educational aspects of the program. We are looking for a dynamic team player, who can bring a passionate awareness of the need for outdoor play, and an understanding of the current educational system. In addition, we are looking for candidates with great flexibility and who can take initiative, and show strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
Compass Early Learning and Care - Courtice, ON
Compass Early Learning and Care is seeking a passionate, energetic, creative and experienced educator for the following position:
Compass ELC Courtice
One Year Contract Position
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: July 2018
36.25 - 40 hours per week (split shift during school year, full day in summer and school holidays)
The successful candidate must:
Have experience working with children of all ages
Have strong interpersonal and communication skills, with an emphasis on teamwork
Have strong behaviour guidance skills that include problem solving, positive reinforcement and redirection strategies
Show warmth, sincerity and genuine interest when working with children
Have a valid First Aid/CPR certificate, a current health assessment (including TB test) and a current Police Vulnerable Sector Check (not more than three months old)
We welcome all applicants for this position but please be advised that preference will be given to those registered with the College of Early Childhood Educators.
Do you strive to provide your clients with a great customer service experience?
If so, this is your opportunity to join the Ministry of Education and serve as the primary point of contact for inquiries and complaints regarding licensed child care programs and child care licensing requirements.
What can I expect to do in this role?
Working in a call centre environment, you will:
• serve as the primary point of contact for public inquiries and complaints regarding licensed child care programs and child care licensing requirements
• log and track inquiries and complaints to identify and report trends and issues to senior management
• develop responses to inquiries and complaints by phone, email as well as formal correspondence
You will also have the opportunity to participate on various project teams to develop and implement policy and program initiatives.
How do I qualify?
Customer service skills:
• You have experience applying customer service principles and techniques.
• You have customer service and conflict resolution skills to respond to inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
• You have oral communication skills to provide clear, accurate and consistent information to clients.
• You have knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations and current issues related to child care.
Other important skills:
• You have written communication and computer skills to accurately log inquiries and prepare a variety of reports and correspondence.
• You have analytical skills to accurately assess client needs and issues.
• You have research skills to retrieve information to accurately respond to client inquiries and complaints as well as support a variety of policy projects.
• You have organizational and time management skills to independently plan and manage multiple project activities with competing demands and priorities.
Salary: $60,490 - $84,570 per year
- • 1 Permanent, 900 Bay St, Toronto, Toronto Region
Please apply online, only, by Tuesday, July 25, 2016, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 109824 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please
contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.
Contract Duration: Up to Thirteen (13) months
Human Services-Community Partnerships
Community Partnerships supports a system that is responsive to Peel residents and empowers individuals and the broader community of stakeholders to be resilient through providing high quality, efficient services and supports.
The Resource Consultant will work in partnership with parents, colleagues, community partners and appropriate referral agencies to facilitate the inclusion of children with special needs or those who are at risk of experiencing barriers to development, in licensed care. S/he will provide consultation, coaching, modelling and will support professional learning to enhance the capacity of early learning and child care programs to include all children.
- Prepare reports, record and evaluate child development using a variety of assessment/screening tools
- Provide special needs resourcing services to children enrolled in licensed child care programs within Peel Region
- Coach and model techniques with child care staff to further enhance inclusionary practices
- Meet with family and child care staff to plan, review and update goals
- Complete required reports and documents for example. Individual Program Plans, Family Priorities, Transition Reports
- Gather and compile information from families and child care providers
- Participate in conferences; collaborate with professionals in the field
- Coordinate meetings, services and supports
- Act as a resource to child care centre staff and parents with regards to children and programs and make referrals to specialized supports, services or agencies as required
- Arrange, create and facilitate learning opportunities for staff
- On-going data collection and reporting
Discovery Child Care brings nature into the classroom and takes the classroom into nature, offering an environmentally aware foundation of early learning for children, from infants to school-age.
We are seeking positive, creative and energetic professional who really enjoys working with children with a focus on “connecting children with nature” and who are dedicated to lifelong learning and to the field of Early Childhood Education.
- Full time/permanent position (40 hours/week)
- Must have ECE diploma/equivalent; Must be a member in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators
- New grads welcome
- Competitive salary + Wage Enhancement Grants + Health/Dental Benefits
- Must be able to work flexible shifts between 7am-6pm, Mon-Fri
- Standard 1st aid/CPR-C certification required
- Criminal Reference Check, vulnerable sector check required
- One position available immediately
- Knowledge of Emergent Curriculum & ELECT
- Located in Barrie, ON
Applicants must be cheerful, energetic, possess strong team work and programming skills and be able to provide a warm, safe, educational and nurturing environment in which children can develop to their fullest potential.
Applicants must have the ability to:
- plan and implement an age appropriate program that meets both the Provincial and Municipal requirements
- Address both individual and group needs
- Work independently and co-operatively within a team of staff
- Problem solve and use sound professional judgment
- effectively communicate both orally and in writing
- effectively utilize time management and organizational skills
Job Type: Full-time
Required license or certification:
- Registered Early Childhood Educator