District of Parry Sound Social Services Administration Board Children's Services requires a Resource Teacher.
At Dundas Valley Co-operative Preschool (DVCP), we provide a nurturing environment that encourages meaningful interaction and play-based learning for toddlers and preschool-aged children. Under the caring attention of our ECE accredited teacher, our program encourages physical, social, emotional and language development. As a Co-operative Preschool, our program runs with the help of parent volunteers and is overseen by a Parent Executive Committee.
In September 2017, Dundas Valley Co-operative Preschool moved into a beautiful new purpose-built classroom at Yorkview Public School, located in the heart of Dundas, Ontario. As a result of increased enrolment, the parent executive has decided to expand the program from 3 to 5 half days per week. Licensed by the Ontario Ministry of Education, the preschool operates in accordance with the Child Care and Early Years Act.
DVCP is seeking a caring, creative and energetic Lead Early Childhood Educator (ECE) to supervise our morning play-based learning program for both toddlers and preschool children. The Lead ECE is responsible for the supervision and management of the classroom in accordance with the philosophy of the Co-Operative Preschool.
Reporting to the Parent Executive, the Lead ECE/Supervisor will be responsible for:
- Planning and facilitating a creative, age-appropriate play based learning program founded on the Early Years Curriculum for both toddlers and preschool children
- Creating a safe, high quality and nurturing environment
- Appropriately responding to the needs of each and every individual child
- Planning and coordinating the daily flow of classroom activities
- Coordinating daily routines as well as field trips and special events
- Supporting and maintaining communication with the parents and caregivers of the children through emails and documentation
- Liaising and coordinating with Yorkview Public School staff
- Liaising with the Parent Executive
- Keeping up to date with records for the city of Hamilton, the Board of Education and the Ministry.
Placement: Feb. 26, 2018
CLOSING DATE: FRIDAY, FEB. 16, 2018
Location: Hawthorn Meadows Nursery School
2440 Russell Rd.,
Ottawa, ON K1G 1B3
The purpose of Hawthorne Meadows Nursery School Inc. is to provide programming, which will benefit the child, the parent and the community. The growth and development of the whole child is our primary aim. HMNS’s philosophy is to enable children to participate in a program designed to meet each child’s individual needs as well as their social, physical, emotional and cognitive development. The staff encourages and promotes language development throughout the program. In acknowledging and welcoming our multicultural community, our Headstart programs believe every child, of whatever colour, race, religion, age, or sex has the right to be treated with respect and understanding. Our programs support equality, freedom of access to community services and the right to maintain one’s cultural heritage.
Reporting to the Executive Director, provide leadership and direction in the area of programming and staff supervision. The Program Director ensures that the staff plan and carry out age-appropriate programs to enhance the cognitive, physical, social and emotional development according to the Child Care Early Years Act using Early Learning for Every Child Today (ELECT) and How Does Learning Happen and in accordance to the program philosophy.
Uphold the philosophy of the program and The Ottawa-Carleton Headstart Association for Preschools.Read more
Frontenac Club Day Care & Integration Program
442 Albert Street, Kingston, Ontario, K7L 3W3
Job Summary - The Centre Director provides and coordinates the necessary support, resources, supervision and leadership to ensure the provision of nurturing care and education to young children in a group setting, in accordance with the goals and curriculum plans of the centre, the philosophy and policies of the agency, and in strict compliance with the Child Care and Early Years Act of Ontario and the local Department of Health.
Minimum Qualifications: ECE diploma or provincially recognized equivalent. Registered member of the College of Early Childhood Educators of Ontario. Valid Standard First Aid and Level “C” CPR and up-to-date immunizations and 2 Step TB test. Negative criminal records check. Demonstrated childcare centre management/supervisory experience and experience working with children with special needs. Solid knowledge of the Child Care and Early Years Act. Superior interpersonal skills; high degree of initiative and dedication; team player; commitment to high quality programming for children and a supportive work environment for staff.
Please send your Curriculum Vitae, Statement of Philosophy of Care and 3 References to FCDCboard@gmail.com
Application Deadline: February 2, 2018.
Centennial College School of Community and Health Studies
POSITION VACANCY February 2018 – February 2019
Application Deadline Feb 2, 2018
Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this value through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons
Classification: Temporary Contract (February 2018 – February 2019)
Salary Range: $26.18- $ 30.35 /hr (Payband F)
Location: Centennial College Child Care Centre
Hours per week: 35 hours
Current Shift Schedule: Rotation between the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., Monday to Friday
The Early Childhood Educator, under the direction of the Supervisor/Manager, undertakes all duties pertaining to the care and education of the children enrolled in the Early Childhood Laboratory Centre. The incumbent also models skills to the Early Childhood Education and Early Childhood Assistant students to support their theoretical training. The incumbent develops and maintains a professional relationship with families, demonstrating genuine appreciation and respect for diverse family systems and practices.
- Implementing and providing daily feedback and observations relating to the curriculum established by the ECE leader
- Facilitating daily indoor and outdoor activities to enhance language, motor skills, independence and problem-solving through music, science, art, dramatic play, etc.
- Establishing positive interactions and rapport while guiding the children in all areas of development in accordance with the program philosophy
- Assisting to ensure overall health and safety of the children enrolled in the program
- Adapting and maintaining an environment which appreciates and respects the diverse individual and group needs of the children and their families
- Supporting and communicating with parents, faculty and the community
- Supporting students in the ECE and ECA programs
Centennial College School of Community and Health Studies
Position Vacancy - Application deadline February 9, 2018
Classification: Part Time Support
Salary Range: PE201 $17.85 to $22.23.
Location: East York Early Childhood Centre
Hours per week: Up to 24 hours/week
Current Shift Schedule: Monday to Friday – 12:30pm – 5:30pm
Under the direction of the Supervisor/Manager and the ECE Leader, the incumbent undertakes all duties pertaining to the care and education of the children enrolled in the Early Childhood Laboratory Centre. The incumbent also models skills and provides feedback to the Early Childhood Education and Early Childhood Assistant students to support their theoretical training. The incumbent develops and maintains a professional relationship with families demonstrating genuine appreciation and respect for diverse family systems and practices.
- Assists in the documentation, implementation and provision of developmentally appropriate curriculum, activities and experiences for children between 0 to 10 years of age, congruent with the department philosophy and governing legislation
- Provides behaviour guidance and assistance with the ongoing supervision of playroom, playground, group, individual and routine activities
- Assists to ensure the overall health and safety of children enrolled in the program by maintaining a sanitary and safe environment and identifying children who are unwell
- Facilitates indoor and outdoor activities for children according to the weekly program plan
- Assists with arranging children’s play space to reflect the philosophy of the curriculum
- Builds and maintains responsive relationships with individual and groups of children in care
- Assists in providing feedback to Early Childhood Education (ECE) and Early Childhood Assistant (ECA) students, by documenting student’s field placement progress and providing suggestions on how to achieve their goals
- Establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with families by participating in a variety of informal communication with families (i.e. daily conversations, information sheets, etc.) and formal communication strategies (i.e. report cards, parent/teacher interview meetings, developmental portfolios, etc.)
- Maintains currency in the curriculum methodology used at the centre and in other areas related to the field of Early Childhood Development by participating in a variety of Professional development activities
- Collaborates with colleagues, sharing expertise and practical knowledge
- Participates in centre and program development meetings
Vous avez une très bonne compréhension du développement de l'enfant, de la pédagogie et du rôle des éducateurs et des éducatrices en ce qui concerne le soutien à l'apprentissage des jeunes enfants?
Voici votre chance de vous joindre au ministère de l’Éducation et de soutenir la mise en œuvre et l'évaluation des programmes et des services qui sont destinés à la petite enfance et qui contribuent au développement sain des enfants en Ontario.
Quelles seront mes fonctions dans ce poste?
Vous devrez :
- vous rendre sur les lieux pour inspecter, évaluer et surveiller les activités de garde d'enfants et vérifier le respect des exigences prévues par la loi et des politiques ministérielles;
- proposer des mesures correctives pour corriger les problèmes cernés;
- cerner et corriger les problèmes de santé et de sécurité urgents;
- formuler des recommandations pour améliorer la qualité des services de garde d'enfants;
- enquêter sur les plaintes et sur les incidents graves liés à la garde d'enfants;
- assurer la liaison avec les organismes communautaires et les services municipaux;
- agir à titre de ressource technique auprès du public, des titulaires de permis potentiels et des organismes concernant les exigences relatives à la délivrance de permis ainsi que les renseignements sur les programmes;
- participer aux mesures d'exécution, s'il y a lieu;
- participer à des projets et à des comités de projet.
Lieu de travail : Ottawa
Application deadline: January 29, 2018
Do you have a strong understanding of child development, pedagogy and the role of educators in supporting early learning?
If so, this is your opportunity to join the Ministry of Education and support the implementation and evaluation of early years programs and services that contribute to healthy child development in Ontario.
What can I expect to do in this role?
- conduct site visits to inspect, evaluate and monitor child care operations for compliance with legislative requirements and ministry policies
- identify corrective actions for identified issues
- identify and address immediate health and safety issues
- provide recommendations to enhance the quality of child care
- investigate complaints and serious occurrences related to child care
- liaise with community agencies and municipal services
- serve as a technical resource for the public, potential licensees and agencies on licensing requirements and program information
- when appropriate, participate in enforcement action
- participate on projects and project committees
Ottawa-Orléans Ontario Early Years Centre (Early ON Child and Family Centre)
The Orléans-Cumberland Community Resource Centre, an organization offering social and community services to residents of Orléans-Cumberland, is seeking a Biligual Family Resource Worker
Application Deadline: 8am January 8, 2018
Temporary Full-time position – 7 months contract - January 22th to August 31st 2018
The Family Resource Worker is part of a multidisciplinary team that coordinates the delivery of programs and services to meet the needs of the Orléans-Cumberland community. Under the supervision of the Program Manager, he or she participates in the development and implementation of the Ottawa-Orléans Early Years Centre’s programs. The Family Resource Worker’s responsibility is to support the needs of parents / caregivers and their children from birth to age 6 by providing the following services; playgroups, parent education with respect to child development, information and referrals, parenting workshops and maintaining links with partners in the early years sector. Parent/child drop-ins are delivered at our main site in Orléans as well as in other satellite locations.Read more
Application deadline: November 24, 2017
Aisling Discoveries Child and Family Centre is seeking energetic and adaptable Intensive Behaviour Therapists who are passionate about providing therapeutic and motivating service to children with autism and their families. As part of a community agency team, you will work in a centre-based environment to provide Intensive Behavioural Intervention (IBI) and interventions based on Applied Behaviour Analysis. You will provide IBI in a one-on-one or group setting, providing behaviour management or crisis intervention as required, following protocols for aggressive and disruptive behaviors. Aisling Discoveries Child and Family Centre is a part of the Toronto Autism Services, a six agency partnership providing services in the Toronto region.
Your solid knowledge of Autism Spectrum Disorder and understanding of the IBI approach will support you in the preparation, delivery, and presentation of teaching materials for individual programs. You will monitor client progress and the effectiveness of individual programs, maintaining regular communication with families/guardians and providing IBI strategies to parents as requested. You will establish and maintain ongoing open communication amongst team member, liaising with Family Support Coaches and consulting with Clinical Supervisors and Program Consultants as directed by the Agency Supervisor.