West Carleton Kids' Korner Inc. - Kinburn, ON
$24 an hour
Looking for an R.E.C.E., with minimum 3 years experience to manage a large daycare located in Kinburn. Experience with delivering high quality programs for toddlers up to school age. Full time permanent position available mid October. College of ECE's registration, Level C CPR and First Aid, current Criminal Reference Check and up to date immunization record is needed. Administration, organization and computer skills are required. Excellent personal skills working with staff, children and parents are a must for this position. Candidates must meet all criteria to be accepted for an interview. Please email your application with resume and cover letter if you are interested in being considered for this position. Thank-you.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $24.00 /hour
Required education: Diploma/Certificate
Required experience: Program Supervisor: 3 years
Required language: English
Required license or certification: Registration with the College of ECE's
Fort Erie Native Cultural Centre - Fort Erie, ON
JOB TITLE: TEACHER (RECE) at Under the Rainbow Childcare Centre
Hours: 20 hours per week with possibility of increased hours
Start Date : Immediately
Salary : $12.76 with increase to $13.76 following successful probation period
SUPERVISOR: Employed by the Fort Erie Native Cultural Centre Inc. The Registered Early Childhood Educator will be responsible to the policies and directions as determined by the Board of Directors and under the direct daily supervision of the Executive Director or designate. The RECE will also be responsible to the policies and procedures of Under the Rainbow Childcare Centre.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Under the direction of the Supervisor, the teacher is responsible for the planning and implementation of culturally and age-appropriate program designed to meet the developmental needs of the individual child, following legislative requirements from Ministry of Education to ensure the health, safety and well being of all children.
- Demonstrate energy, dedication and enthusiasm
- Work as a member of a team
- Commit to assisting growth and development among children and youth
- Show creativity and innovation in daily activities
- Plan and organize effectively
- Understanding and concern for Health and Safety
- Problem Solve effectively
"Imaginarium For Kids" Daycare - Richmond Hill, ON
A full time RECE position (Infant classroom) starting middle of October - beginning of November 2016. Please note that the daycare center is located in northern Richmond Hill, Oak Ridges (Yonge St. and King Rd. intersection) and, therefore, please submit your application only if the distance is practicable for you. Job Qualifications: * High School Diploma * Early Childhood Education ( ECE ) Diploma or equivalent * Up-to-date CPR/First Aid * Up-to-date Police Vulnerable Sector Check * Up-to-date TB Test * Up-to-date Immunization record * Minimum 1 year of experience working with young children * Flexibility regarding assigned working hours, ability to work split shifts, early morning, mid-late afternoons, and evenings * Ability to use frequent light to medium physical effort such as lifting up to 20 kg (44 lbs.), bending and stooping * Must be able to work outdoors for at least 2 hours / day, a year-round; may be exposed to sun, heat, humidity or cold Work Schedule: Days: Monday to Friday Hours: Approximately 40 hours/week,Flexibility between the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Richmond Hill, ON
Required education: Diploma/Certificate
PLASP Child Care Services is a not-for-profit, community organization, providing high quality early learning and child care, for children up to 12 years of age. PLASP operates in more than 210 schools providing before school, lunch, and after school programs and 22 full-day early learning and child care centres.
PLASP operates 22 full-day early Learning and Child Care Centres for children from 15 months to 5 years of age.
- Assists in establishing and maintaining a safe, warm and caring environment in which a high quality child care program can operate.
- Plans, develops and implements programs of stimulating activities for young children, including arts, crafts, games and special events which promote physical, social, emotional and intellectual well-being.
- Vulnerable Sector Criminal reference Check, dated within the last six months
- 5 + years of post-graduate work experience
- A valid Standard First Aid, with level C CPR
- Knowledge of the HighScope curriculum an asset
- Excellent written and verbal English Skills
- Proven leadership abilities
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Supervisory experience an asset
- Well-developed problem solving skills
- Flexible and energetic approach to work
- Above average communication skills
- Positive and sensitive attitude towards children and staff
- Physically able to participate with children in centre and outdoors
- Basic ability to use technology (including smart phones, computers, tablets)
- Minimum of 18 years of age
The Ministry of Education's Early Learning Division supports the provision of quality child care programs in safe and stimulating environments. We are seeking candidates with experience, skills and knowledge in child development and learning who can apply this knowledge, together with their analytical and problem solving skills, with good judgment in assessing compliance with legislative requirements and supporting operators to achieve compliance. The successful candidate must have a strong customer service orientation supported by excellent collaboration and communication skills to balance their responsibility for operator accountability with support.
What can I expect to do in this role?
As a Program Advisor for licensing and compliance, you will:
- conduct site visits to inspect to determine compliance with legislative requirements and ministry policy
- identify and address immediate health and safety issues • analyze licensing issues, make recommendations for corrective action and best practices to enhance the quality of care where appropriate
- liaise with agencies and stakeholders
- follow up on complaints and facilitate issues resolution
- participate in enforcement action, where applicable
- participate on projects and project committees
Location: OttawaRead more
Richland Academy is seeking a Registered Early Childhood Educator
The successful candidate for our Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE) position will operate in the classroom as a co-learner, researcher and teaching partner with their students, guiding the children in exploring and investigating, while leading them to a deeper understanding of the dynamic curricular content. They will collaboratively design, implement, and document curricula and assessments and engage in co-curricular activities, such as athletics, arts and academics. This includes providing supervision and age appropriate learning for groups of students as part of the extended day programme. The candidate will be required to work in a culture of learners and researchers in an inquiry environment.Read more
We are a Christian, non-profit Childcare Centre that is set to open and start operations in a brand new Coptic Orthodox Church in Markham - St. Maurice & St. Verena. We are looking for a full-time Director with a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience managing in complex, multifaceted business centered on education, care-giving and guidance to staff, children and their families. Nestled in the heart of Markham, this Childcare Centre will provide care to children six months to five years of age.
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full-Time
Number of positions: 1 (one vacancy)
Relevant experience: 3-5 years
Credentials (certificates, licenses, memberships, courses, etc.):
• Must be a Registered Early Childhood Educator in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators
• Certified Teacher with the Ontario College of Teachers is preferred but not essential
• Bilingual, speaks English, French, Cantonese, or Mandarin
• Able to obtain a clear Vulnerable Sector Screening, First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Re-suscitation (CPR) Certificate - Level C, and meet health requirements
• Current food handlers certificate
Hours Centre hours are 6:30 AM to 6:30 PM - Monday to Friday, except for public holidays. Flexibility in work day to accommodate Centre hours is required. Regular work week is 40 hours.Read more
RMS - Toronto, Ontario
We are seeking a policy professional who is an analytical thinker and skilled communicator to act as an early learning and care expert and resource for the College on current national and international policies and practices to support a range of initiatives.
- Maintains a leading edge awareness of political, economic and social trends impacting early learning and care and professional regulation in other jurisdictions to determine applicability/impact on existing government policy and College operations and to develop policy recommendations/options.
- Recommends solutions to contentious issues and problems and devises alternative measures to avoid and/or mitigate negative impact to the College;
- Analyses data and trends to help identify priority policy areas and generate meaningful reports to Council and Committees.
- Initiates, plans, designs, and leads policy development/project review processes through the cycle of research, design, gap and trends analysis, identification of options, evaluation of financial, operational impacts, and approvals.
- Prepares a variety of documents including reports, briefing notes, policy/issue analyses, correspondence, position papers and presentations.
- Leads/participates in presentations to College management, Council and Committees.
- Leads the preparation and coordination of reports for the Office of the Fairness Commissioner.
- Coordinates College staff training to support the implementation of new policies, processes and initiatives.
- Facilitates consultation and collaboration with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Provides information, analysis and evidence informed advice to all levels of staff.
- Participates in and represents the College on internal and external committees and working groups.
The Early Childhood Community Development Centre (ECCDC) is seeking a highly professional, enthusiastic and committed individual to join our dynamic Team. This leadership position will support our Coaching and Mentoring Services, Quality Child Care Niagara (QCCN) and Training Services. In this role, the successful candidate would visit early learning and child care programs to provide support in implementing Quality Child Care Niagara components and offer research based pedagogy and environmental design advice to strengthen program excellence. The candidate will also be responsible to develop and deliver a variety of cutting edge training sessions related to quality pedagogy and curriculum practices. The primary hours for the position are Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm; however, evenings and Saturdays may be required.
Employer:Larch Street Kids Child Care Center Inc
Salary:$11.25 hourly for 35 hours per week
Anticipated Start Date:2016-07-04
Terms of Employment: Temporary - Full-Time
Number of positions:6
Job Type:Student & Youth Jobs
Program description:This position is being advertised under the Canada Summer Jobs (CSJ) initiative. To be eligible for this position, you must be between 15 and 30 years of age on the start date of the job. You also must have been a full-time student during the previous academic year and be intending to return to full-time studies in the next academic year. You also must be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or a refugee under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. You must also be legally entitled to work according to relevant provincial legislation and regulations.