The Town of Carleton Place is seeking an individual to fill the full-time position of Manager of Child Care Services.
Summary: The Manager oversees all aspects of Child care operations including: finance, human resources, ministerial requirements, developing and implementing policy and procedure, planning and public relations.
- Early Childhood Education Diploma;
- Registration with the College of Early Childhood Educators and membership in good standing;
- First Aid/CPR C/AED Certification;
- Minimum of five years of related supervisory experience preferably in a municipal operation, experience with inclusion of special needs children would be an asset;
- Education and/or experience with budgeting or business management practices;
- Experience managing large numbers of employees;
- Participate in a minimum of 20 hours of professional development per year.
Le Jardin des Découvertes is a French-based child care centre in Owen Sound, Ontario, and follows a child-centered philosophy. Our before and after school program and PD day, March break, and summer camps offer full French programming for students to maintain their language skills in a stimulating and emergent environment. We are looking for energetic educators to commit to our school age program and bring fresh, engaging ideas to the centre!
- Early Childhood Education diploma or equivalent, or enrolled in ECE program
- Registered member of the College of Early Childhood Educators an asset
- First Aid and CPR level C
- Recent criminal reference and vulnerable sectors checks
- Mastery of the French language (oral and written) and good knowledge of English
Posted on behalf of An Apple A Daycare
At An Apple A Daycare, we believe in providing an environment where children feel comfortable growing and developing while making meaningful connections. Therefore, we hire staff with varied ages, backgrounds and experiences to enhance the quality of our daycare and to foster a family friendly environment
Our Centre continues to grow and we are looking for some educators to join our team. We are hiring a permanent full time RECE, an RECE to cover a 1 year maternity leave, supply staff and part time staff.
- RECE will be given priority.
- Early Childhood Education Diploma or equivalency
- Experience working in a child care setting
- Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Recent 2 step TB skin test and up-to-date immunizations
- Recent CPR and First Aid training
The Role involves:
- Knowledge of the ELECT document as well as How Does Learning Happen
- The ability to create a caring, welcoming, safe, environment that is rich in experiences
- Knowledge of Behaviour Guidance techniques
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
To apply please email Dina at firstname.lastname@example.org
Permanent full-time – 35 hours per week
Your primary responsibilities will be the provision of ABA Services and Early Learning & Child Care Support Services. You will conduct consultations in licensed Early Learning & Child Care Programs and facilitate the supports required for families and staff to maximize the opportunities for inclusion in the child care community. This will include assisting families with child care skill development plans and consultations to Registered Early Childhood Educator staff. You will assist in providing Specialized Services that may include functional behaviour analysis, skills building, and capacity building.
You hold a diploma or degree in Early Childhood Education; or university undergraduate degree in Behavior Analysis or Psychology. Individuals with Child and Youth Work and Developmental Services Worker diplomas may be considered. You have at least 2 years’ experience in working with individual with special needs and their families including advanced knowledge and experience related to the implementation of Applied Behavior Analysis methods in mediated consultation, group facilitation with parents and professionals.
A valid Ontario Class G driver’s licence and a reliable vehicle are required. Your schedule may vary and include evening and weekend work. The ability to communicate in both official languages is an asset.
Please apply in writing, by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, March 3, 2017:
Human Resources Department, Child & Community Resources
662 Falconbridge Road, Sudbury, ON P3A 4S4
fax: (705) 525-0068 e-mail: email@example.com
Kindly forward your resume and cover letter in Word or PDF. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. (Aussi disponible en français)
Child & Community Resources is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please contact the HR department.
As a member of the JIAS Toronto leadership team, the CNC supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the CNC (Care for Newcomer Children) Program in accordance with the requirements of the proper authorities.
Hours of Work: 8:30am – 3pm
- Must have ECE certification or CMAS acceptable qualifications
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience in a childcare environment
- Proven administrative abilities
- Experience in the not for profit sector – an asset
- Experience working with newcomers, non-English speaking children
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must hold a valid First Aid certificate, including anaphylaxis response and CPR Training, and partake in periodic First Aid and CPR training
- Must have TB and other medical tests as mandated by CMAS
- Skilled in computers
TITLE: Early Childhood Educator (4 Positions)
DIVISION: Centre for Community Services & Early Childhood
LOCATION: Various Locations
EFFECTIVE DATE: ASAP
Location: Parkdale Centre; Rose Ave; U of T on Charles St.; Nelson Mandela
- Provides behaviour guidance and ongoing supervision of playroom, playground, group, individual and routine activities.
- Assists in maintaining a safe and healthy environment by performing periodic safety checks of equipment, facilities and identifies children who are unwell.
- Plans and implements a program for infants, toddlers and preschoolers.Demonstrates and explains effective curriculum and guidance strategies; provides on the spot feedback, direction and support to the Early Childhood Educators and Early Childhood Assistant students.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with parents through open communication by daily written charts, daily interactions, formal parent interviews and parent information sessions.
- Maintains a current knowledge of E.C.E. theory, practice and issues.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Title: Early Childhood Educator
Reports to Manager, Family and Community Health
Position type: Contract (ending Dec. 2017 with possible extension, Part time (28 hours per week)
The Early Childhood Educator (ECE) plans activities based on observations of the children’s interests and skills supported by “How Does Learning Happen? - Ontario’s Pedagogy for the Early Years”. These activities support the intellectual, physical, social and emotional development and learning through play, exploration and inquiry. The ECE actively builds relationships with children and families while demonstrating dedication to the development, education and care of young children.
The Board of Directors is seeking a successful leader for the position of Executive Director.
Superior Children's Centre - Wawa, ON
The Executive Director will:
- Be responsible for the successful leadership and management of the agency.
- Work collaboratively with the Board of Directors and management team to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of high quality services.
- Ensure the mission, vision and values and strategic direction set by the Board of Directors of the agency are met.
Qualifications: The successful candidate will have:
- A diploma or a degree in early childhood education or equivalent.
- Registration with the College of Early Childhood Educators.
- A minimum of three to five years in a senior leadership/management position.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in Human Resource management, financial management and risk management.
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of “How Does Learning Happen”, the “Early Years Policy Framework” as well as the “Early Years and Child Care Act” and all other relevant legislation.
- A demonstrated understanding of the College of Early Childhood Educators, registration, Code of Ethics, Standards of Practice and Continuous Professional Learning.
- A demonstrated ability to be creative, innovative and adaptable.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- The ability to positively influence others and to promote and foster teamwork.
- The ability to assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions.
- The ability to think strategically, set priorities and plans to achieve goals.
- The ability to foster a climate of shared respect, service, and collaboration throughout the agency.
- Ability to communicate in both official languages will be an asset.
PLASP Child Care Services is a not-for-profit, community organization, providing high quality early learning and child care, for children up to 12 years of age. PLASP operates in more than 210 schools providing before school, lunch, and after school programs and 22 full-day early learning and child care centres.
PLASP operates 22 full-day early Learning and Child Care Centres for children from 15 months to 5 years of age.
- Assists in establishing and maintaining a safe, warm and caring environment in which a high quality child care program can operate.
- Plans, develops and implements programs of stimulating activities for young children, including arts, crafts, games and special events which promote physical, social, emotional and intellectual well-being.
- Vulnerable Sector Criminal reference Check, dated within the last six months
- 5 + years of post-graduate work experience
- A valid Standard First Aid, with level C CPR
- Knowledge of the HighScope curriculum an asset
- Excellent written and verbal English Skills
- Proven leadership abilities
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Supervisory experience an asset
- Well-developed problem solving skills
- Flexible and energetic approach to work
- Above average communication skills
- Positive and sensitive attitude towards children and staff
- Physically able to participate with children in centre and outdoors
- Basic ability to use technology (including smart phones, computers, tablets)
- Minimum of 18 years of age
The Learning Enrichment Foundation - Toronto, ON
You are a creative, resourceful, and an enthusiastic Registered Early Childhood Educator with a drive and passion to contribute to quality programs and make a difference in the lives of children and families.
You would like to be a part of a rewarding opportunity that values the quality of early learning programs, and the diverse needs of children and families. You would like to uphold a meaningful role within a reputable, non-profit organization that values community growth, development, and supports individuals and families to reach their fullest potential. You would like to contribute to a fulfilling position that enhances your professional development and career growth, while supporting programs within a cluster of child care centres and before/after care programs.
If this summarizes your values and practices as a dynamic, positive educator, The Learning Enrichment Foundation is currently seeking three:
Full-Time Supply Registered Early Childhood Educators
This role will involve:
- A commitment to be flexible and adaptable to travel to various centres and provide support and coverage to an assigned cluster of programs
- Supporting a community of child care centres and before/after care programs located within close proximity with one another
- Incorporate and provide positive, inclusive practices and quality program to children ages 0-12 years, and families within the Toronto West end community
- Your current knowledge with modern ECE resources, practices, and theoretical frameworks such as the Early Learning for Every Child Today (ELECT) /ELF Framework and the How Does Learning Happen document
- Your awareness, thorough understanding of the Child Care and Early Years Act 2014, Assessment for Quality Improvement (AQI), and The Code of Ethics and Standard of Practice from the College of Early Childhood Educators