Contract Duration: Up to Thirteen (13) months
Human Services-Community Partnerships
Community Partnerships supports a system that is responsive to Peel residents and empowers individuals and the broader community of stakeholders to be resilient through providing high quality, efficient services and supports.
The Resource Consultant will work in partnership with parents, colleagues, community partners and appropriate referral agencies to facilitate the inclusion of children with special needs or those who are at risk of experiencing barriers to development, in licensed care. S/he will provide consultation, coaching, modelling and will support professional learning to enhance the capacity of early learning and child care programs to include all children.
- Prepare reports, record and evaluate child development using a variety of assessment/screening tools
- Provide special needs resourcing services to children enrolled in licensed child care programs within Peel Region
- Coach and model techniques with child care staff to further enhance inclusionary practices
- Meet with family and child care staff to plan, review and update goals
- Complete required reports and documents for example. Individual Program Plans, Family Priorities, Transition Reports
- Gather and compile information from families and child care providers
- Participate in conferences; collaborate with professionals in the field
- Coordinate meetings, services and supports
- Act as a resource to child care centre staff and parents with regards to children and programs and make referrals to specialized supports, services or agencies as required
- Arrange, create and facilitate learning opportunities for staff
- On-going data collection and reporting