Discovery Child Care brings nature into the classroom and takes the classroom into nature, offering an environmentally aware foundation of early learning for children, from infants to school-age.
We are seeking positive, creative and energetic professional who really enjoys working with children with a focus on “connecting children with nature” and who are dedicated to lifelong learning and to the field of Early Childhood Education.
- Full time/permanent position (40 hours/week)
- Must have ECE diploma/equivalent; Must be a member in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators
- New grads welcome
- Competitive salary + Wage Enhancement Grants + Health/Dental Benefits
- Must be able to work flexible shifts between 7am-6pm, Mon-Fri
- Standard 1st aid/CPR-C certification required
- Criminal Reference Check, vulnerable sector check required
- One position available immediately
- Knowledge of Emergent Curriculum & ELECT
- Located in Barrie, ON
Applicants must be cheerful, energetic, possess strong team work and programming skills and be able to provide a warm, safe, educational and nurturing environment in which children can develop to their fullest potential.
Applicants must have the ability to:
- plan and implement an age appropriate program that meets both the Provincial and Municipal requirements
- Address both individual and group needs
- Work independently and co-operatively within a team of staff
- Problem solve and use sound professional judgment
- effectively communicate both orally and in writing
- effectively utilize time management and organizational skills
Job Type: Full-time
Required license or certification:
- Registered Early Childhood Educator