Posted on behalf of Sault College
Our organization is seeking individuals who will help our College be recognized as the pre-eminent student-centered post- secondary institution in the country with an unyielding dedication to giving students the tools they need to reach their goals. Our growing College, located at the hub of the Great Lakes, is looking for someone who is motivated to make a difference in the lives of our students.
The Opportunity: Sessional faculty in the Early Childhood Education Program. Courses may include: Field Practice Supervision, Integrated Seminar, School Age Programming, Teaching Methods, Partnerships with Families, Creative Expression, Interpersonal Communication.
What you need to be successful:
- Registered member in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators (Registered Early Childhood Educator)
- Degree in Early Childhood Education/Child Studies or related field
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in the early learning field
- Demonstrated skill and knowledge in the field of early learning including: observation and interpretation, pedagogical documentation, curriculum planning and implementation o teaching methods that reflect the child as competent and capable practices that support the child’s development of self-regulation, and goals and practices related to anti-bias education and in building community partnerships
- Current knowledge of all relevant Ontario Ministry of Education pedagogical documents related to early learning Current knowledge of all relevant Government of Ontario regulations
- Knowledge of current community/health/social/educational resources
- Excellent skills in adult learning principles, universal instructional design and retention strategies
- Teaching experience and commitment to academic excellence at the post-secondary level is an asset Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively within a collaborative team environment
- Excellent leadership, mentoring, presentation skills
- Strong commitment to strengths-based approaches to student success
- Knowledge of a variety of software packages; working knowledge of D2L/Learning Management Systems is considered an asset
- Able to work successfully in a fast paced and high demand environment
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Sault College is an invitational College and an equal opportunity employer. We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code and we will fairly hire the best candidates based on merit.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME, COVER LETTER AND 3 REFERENCES VIA EMAIL BY JUNE 8, 2017 AT 4 P.M. TO: email@example.com
We thank all applicants in advance – only those selected for an interview will be contacted.