Under the direction of the Manager or Supervisor, the Coordinator gives leadership and supervision to YMCA Staff and volunteers and is accountable for the overall operation of the Child Care Centre, ensuring adherence to the Mission, Vision and Values of the YMCA, Quality Assurance Statement, curriculum standards as well as all legislative requirements set forth by the Ministry of Education, Municipalities, Public Health and Fire Chief.
- Demonstrate strong support and commitment to the mission and core values of the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka and the YMCA in Canada.
- Demonstrate strong support and commitment to serving the membership, facility users and all program participants of the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka.
- Models appropriate and professional behaviours in line with our Mission, Vision and Values
- Establishes rapport and maintains effective relationship building behaviours
- Understands and participates in YMCA philanthropic commitments, imparts this knowledge upon staff, volunteers, families and the community, connects with families and offers opportunities to give, either financially or their personal time, including participation in special events within the centre and the community
- Demonstrates strong support and commitment to community activities, representing the YMCA in a professional manner
- Shares resources and assists other centres as requested
- Self manages on-going professional development;
- Responsible for achieving successful completion of all required trainings in first year of employment which could include YMCA Playing to Learn curriculum phase one trainings, CATCH, YMCA Healthy Child Development
- Attend other YMCA Child and Family Development training programs as required * Follows the supervision and guidance of their supervisor. Discusses policy or liability with direct supervisor as required.
- Develops and sustains good working relationships with provincial and municipal authorities including but not limited to:
- MEDU Program Advisors
- Public Health Inspectors
- YMCA Canada Play in Action Auditors
- School Board and Community Partners * Work with, lead and evaluate volunteers and placement students
- Understands and is sensitive to the diversity of the community
- Works to maintain active and effective communication and information networks within the centre, the staff team and with community agencies working with individual children and families
- Adherence to the YMCA Child Protection Policies and Procedures
- Seeks opportunities to deepen connections and increase engagement of parents and children in care, providing further opportunities to get involved in other YMCA programs
- Adherence to all provincial and federal legislation relevant to job description