YMCA of North Bay is a dynamic charity dedicated to strengthening the foundations of communities by offering opportunities for personal growth, community involvement and leadership. We are proud to provide care to over 1200 children annually through our licensed Early Learning Centres and homes. Our Early Learning Child Care Centres, School-Age Programs and Home Child Care Services are licensed by the Ministry of Education and proud to be a part of the DSSAB’s Quality Assurance Program for the districts of Parry Sound and Nipissing.
We are currently looking for Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE) to join our team of committed professionals. This is a full-time (various locations/supply) position within the Association. Under the leadership of the Child Care Supervisor, Supervisor of Child Care, the Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE) is responsible for the overall health, safety and well-being of the children in our care (0-12 years). This job is also responsible for preparing and delivering high-quality educational programming by adhering to the YMCA's Policies, Procedures and Best Practices, that is grounded in the YMCA Mission, Vision and Values. The RECE will ensure compliancy with YMCA Curriculum, Quality Assurance and legislative requirements set forth by the Ministry of Education, DSSAB/Municipality, Public Health and the local Fire Department.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Professional working experience with children and youth
- Early Childhood Education Diploma
- Registered with the College of Early Childhood Educators and or otherwise approved status from the Ministry of Education
- Current Standard First Aid and Level C CPR Certification;
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of the Child Care Early Years Act
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (Bilingualism considered an asset)
- Certification in YMCA Playing to Learn and Healthy Childhood Development considered an asset
- Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening