Plan and implement the curriculum for an early childhood program, conducive to quality care and education, addressing the emotional, physical, cognitive, and social development of children between 0 to 6 years of age. Responsible for the opening and closing of the premises as requested.
- Completion of a 2 year community college program, with a diploma in Early Childhood Education or recognition of equivalency through the College of Early Childhood Educators registration.
- Training in Quality Child Care Niagara Environmental Rating Scale, D.P.S. (Developmental Preschool Screen), documentation and other training as developed in this initiative.
- Minimum of 6 months to 1 year of experience in administering an early childhood education.
- Must possess working knowledge of the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014 and Regulations.
- Preference will be given to individuals who are fluent (both written and verbal) in additional languages (e.g. French, Spanish, etc.) beyond English, which are spoken within a significant proportion of the population in the local community and in the opinion of the Corporation could enhance service.
- In accordance with the Corporate Criminal Record Check Policy, the position requires the incumbent to undergo a Criminal Records Check, including a vulnerable sector search, and submit a Canadian Police Clearance Certificate.
- Must be certified in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and First Aid.
- Must be a member of the College of Early Childhood Educators
- Health assessment and immunizations as recommended by the local Medical Officer of Health.
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow’s challenges TODAY!