Posted on behalf of Huron Playschool Co-operative
Full-time Registered Early Childhood Educator
Contract position September 2017 to June 2018 (with potential for renewal for 2018/19)
Hours of Work: Rotating shifts from 8:30 to 6:00. We follow the TDSB calendar.
The Playschool is a co-operative school which aims to provide a gentle start to a child’s school years. As a co-operative school, parents and teachers work closely together to help develop each child’s confidence and independence as well as social, intellectual and physical skills. We offer a collaborative work environment where teachers work in partnership with parents and children. As a small staff team, staff members share in responsibilities, so daily work schedule and duties remain flexible and may change.
The RECE has responsibility for taking a leading role in planning and implementing programs for children aged 2.5 to 8 years, carrying out daily supervision of children, and performing administration of Playschool’s policies and procedures as needed. These activities are carried out in collaboration with the Director/Teacher, parent volunteers and student teachers.
* Interest in and commitment to the parent co-operative childcare model. An interest in environmental and arts-based early childhood education is an asset.
* RECE diploma and registered member in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators. Current Standard First Aid Certificate with CPR. Current immunization records. Recent Vulnerable Sector Screening.
* Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with children in position of responsibility.
* Excellent interpersonal skills. Outstanding communication skills.
* Proven ability to work independently and take responsibility and leadership in a childcare setting.
* Knowledge of the relevant legislation, the AQI document and Toronto Public Health expectations for childcare.
Salary & Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and an opportunity to develop enhanced leadership skills.
Deadline for application: Applications should be addressed to the Hiring Committee and received by April 25th. Your cover letter must address your interest and commitment to the parent co-operative childcare model and experience in administration in a childcare setting.
Huron Playschool Co-operative welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Unfortunately the Playschool is not physically accessible as it is located in the basement of St. Thomas’s Church Hall. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
383 Huron Street, Toronto, Ontario M5S 2G5