The Trillium Lakelands District School Board is seeking applications for the position of Supply Designated ECE (Early Childhood Educators) in the City of Kawartha Lakes area, Haliburton County area, and in the District of Muskoka.
Under the direction of the Principal, the Designated Early Childhood Educator will partner with the classroom teacher to plan and implement a full day early learning program within a classroom setting and provide supervision and age-appropriate programming for groups of students as part of the extended day program, as required. The Designated Early Childhood Educator will collaborate in the design of programs and environments which will enhance children’s cognitive, physical, social and emotional development.
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education and six months child care experience in an educational setting;
- Registration with the College of Early Childhood Educators;
- Knowledge of Ministry of Education full-day learning Kindergarten curriculum;
- Ability to communicate in a sensitive, courteous manner with children, parents, staff and the public;
- Understanding of and commitment to confidentiality;
- Ability to follow directions, policies and procedures in an appropriate and timely manner;
- Experience in planning, developing and implementing age-appropriate programs;
- Basic computer skills;
- Strong organization and time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines;
- Current First Aid and CPR certification;
- Must be able to physically assist children as required (i.e. lifting, bending, crouching, reaching, etc.)