PLASP Child Care Services is a not-for-profit, community organization, providing high quality early learning and child care, for children up to 12 years of age. PLASP operates in more than 210 schools providing before school, lunch, and after school programs and 22 full-day early learning and child care centres.
PLASP operates 22 full-day early Learning and Child Care Centres for children from 15 months to 5 years of age.
- Assists in establishing and maintaining a safe, warm and caring environment in which a high quality child care program can operate.
- Plans, develops and implements programs of stimulating activities for young children, including arts, crafts, games and special events which promote physical, social, emotional and intellectual well-being.
- Vulnerable Sector Criminal reference Check, dated within the last six months
- 5 + years of post-graduate work experience
- A valid Standard First Aid, with level C CPR
- Knowledge of the HighScope curriculum an asset
- Excellent written and verbal English Skills
- Proven leadership abilities
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Supervisory experience an asset
- Well-developed problem solving skills
- Flexible and energetic approach to work
- Above average communication skills
- Positive and sensitive attitude towards children and staff
- Physically able to participate with children in centre and outdoors
- Basic ability to use technology (including smart phones, computers, tablets)
- Minimum of 18 years of age