Toronto Waldorf School - Thornhill, ON
Position Description: The Supervisor is responsible for the daily safety, documentation and orientation of the Early Childhood, licensed childcare classrooms. The Supervisor reports to the Pedagogical Administrator.
- Waldorf Teacher Education certification preferred. Funding for Waldorf EC part-time training is available.
- R-ECE is a definite requirement
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, along with an approachable manner towards parents and colleagues.
- First Aid certification
- Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Ensure that all staff are trained in handling illness, injuries, serious occurrences, fire drills, sanitary procedures and behavior management. Review and updates must be provided regularly.
- Maintain children’s application and enrolment files including all documentation and confidential information
- Maintain employee records, including confidential information
- Ensure archives are properly stored.
- Complete all Serious Occurrence documentation on the CCLS system.
- Maintain all computer files and binders.
- Communicate with Fire Marshall and Marketing staff to ensure that all policies and procedures are updated online and in the binders and files, especially changes.
- Develop and maintain parent communication with EC Chair and teachers: ie. Feedback questionnaires, meetings, and daily posting
- Attend staff meetings as required
- Provide staff evaluations within the first 3 months and annually thereafter. Evaluations may be conducted by other Early Childhood Educators, but the Supervisor must ensure that they are conducted and stored properly.