We are a Christian, non-profit Childcare Centre that is set to open and start operations in a brand new Coptic Orthodox Church in Markham - St. Maurice & St. Verena. We are looking for a full-time Director with a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience managing in complex, multifaceted business centered on education, care-giving and guidance to staff, children and their families. Nestled in the heart of Markham, this Childcare Centre will provide care to children six months to five years of age.
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full-Time
Number of positions: 1 (one vacancy)
Relevant experience: 3-5 years
Credentials (certificates, licenses, memberships, courses, etc.):
• Must be a Registered Early Childhood Educator in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators
• Certified Teacher with the Ontario College of Teachers is preferred but not essential
• Bilingual, speaks English, French, Cantonese, or Mandarin
• Able to obtain a clear Vulnerable Sector Screening, First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Re-suscitation (CPR) Certificate - Level C, and meet health requirements
• Current food handlers certificate
Hours Centre hours are 6:30 AM to 6:30 PM - Monday to Friday, except for public holidays. Flexibility in work day to accommodate Centre hours is required. Regular work week is 40 hours.
The Director of Operations will ensure the delivery of a faith-based curriculum which offers a Christian worldview
- Reports to the Board of Directors of Little Miracles Childcare & Learning Centre
- Responsible for the overall Centre management including administration, financial management and staffing
- Provides input and administers assigned budget, ensuring that expenditures are controlled and maintained within approved budget limitations. All expenditures need approval at the board level with a written request.
- Works with external agencies, services and resources including local community agencies within the child and family sector to provide integrated seamless pro-grams
- Establishes professional, positive relationships with families and all relevant stake-holders
- Manages and ensures that standards of practice are met and exceeded according to the Ministry of Education and the Child Care and Early Years Act (CCEYA)
- Manages the resolution of service delivery issues, including the reporting/follow-up of centre-based serious occurrences as outlined by legislation
- Ensures the health, safety and well-being of children and staff in the Centre.
- Ensures that the Centre is compliant with all legislation, policies and procedures
- Supervises the day-to-day implementation of all programs.
- Supervises, motivates and trains staff. Promotes effective teamwork and ensures staff are engaged in continuous professional learning opportunities.
- Monitors and evaluates staff performance, oversees attendance management, au-thorizes and coordinates vacation requests and recommends disciplinary action when necessary
- Plans and implements parent/family involvement
Qualifications and required skills and credentials
• Must provide at least two employment related references as well as a pastoral ref-erence
• 3-5 years’ experience working in a licensed child care centre
• Knowledge of employment standards, labour relations principles and practices, and relevant employment legislation, including human rights and occupational health and safety
• Extensive knowledge of child development, current research and initiatives related to the early learning and the child care field
• Knowledge of the ELECT Document, How Does Learning Happen?, Think, Feel, Act
• Exceptional organizational and time-management skills with the ability to priori-tize different competing requirements simultaneously
• Excellent command of the English language (both oral and written), highly devel-oped interpersonal skills and the ability to co-operate, follow instructions and make difficult decisions
• Strong conflict resolution skills and sound judgement
• Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, Publisher and the ability to learn new programs, as required. Intermediate knowledge of technol-ogy tools and website related programs
Expected physical demands: standing, sitting for extended periods, climbing stairs, lifting heavy objects up to 50 lbs., bending, twisting and working in varied weather conditions in-doors and outdoors.
How To Apply: E-mail your resume to email@example.com
We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted