Position: Membership and Administration Coordinator
Reports to: Ontario Coalition for Better Child Care Board of Directors
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Deadline for Application: September 19th, 2017
The OCBCC is seeking a Membership and Administration Coordinator, reporting to the Board of Directors, who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is comfortable with multi-tasking as part of a small team. The Membership and Administration Coordinator is primarily responsible for all office and financial administration as well as membership development and support. Working under the direction of the Public Policy and Government Relations Coordinator, this position also includes assistance with communication, outreach and participation in OCBCC campaigns.
The Ontario Coalition for Better Child Care is Ontario’s central advocacy group for a universal, affordable, high quality system of early childhood education and care (ECEC). Formed in 1981, the OCBCC is a member organization comprised of non-profit child care programs, local and provincial groups, and individuals from across Ontario. OCBCC brings together early childhood educators, parents, centre directors, social activists, employers, trade unionists and academics to work on issues of shared concern. Most importantly we are people who care about child care.
- Administration of day-to-day office operations including processing of mail and publications; maintenance of files and minutes for executive and committees; schedule and arrange meetings; arrange maintenance of office equipment, purchasing/sourcing
- Financial administration including processing of invoices, mail payments, filing, membership invoices and fees; create financial reports throughout the year; provide documentation and coordinate with Auditor at year end
- Using Quickbooks, prepare bank deposits including backup documentation, create invoices and work with bookkeeper to maintain all OCBCC financial records
- Maintain and update membership database
- Work with membership to ensure active participation in OCBCC campaigns
- Ensure members are aware of OCBCC insurance programs and the benefits of OCBCC membership
- Manage and maintain social media tools such as Facebook, Twitter, and website content (website updating and managing)
- Participate in media outreach as requested
- Work with volunteers and placements students
- Contribute to proposals for campaigns and execution of these campaigns
- Work closely with other partner organization on campaign coordination
The successful applicant will have the following qualifications:
- Post-Secondary school education at college or university
- Proven ability to update and maintain website, and use internet communication tools
- Proven ability to design and produce newsletter, posters and promotional materials.
- Experience, or willingness to learn, Quickbooks and Nationbuilder
- Demonstrated initiative and professionalism
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to set priorities, manage multiple responsibilities and meet timelines
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, problem-solving and decision making skills
- High level of attention to detail and excellent follow-up skills
- Proficient in the MS office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Google Docs
Salary: $22 - 25/hour plus comprehensive benefits plan
Hours of work: 35 hours/week with occasional evening and week-end events.
Terms of employment: Staff are supervised by and responsible to a volunteer Board of Directors and are unionized under CUPW Local 2484, with a 3-month probationary period.
Apply with resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be advised that only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.