Please submit resumes by Monday, September 18th, 2017.
Working for Parkview Children’s Centre means that you make a positive difference in people’s lives because you provide high quality customer centered services. You operate within a highly ethical environment and you will be accountable for going the extra mile, listening to your customers, creatively meeting needs, and always being respectful to those you serve. As a result, you will be part of a qualified and strategic team recognized widely for caring, excellence, integrity, inclusiveness and flexibility.
Position: Permanent Registered Early Childhood Educator
Hourly Range: $17.50-$23.00
Posting number: 18-2017
As a Registered Early Childhood Educator, you would be responsible for promoting Parkview’s vision, philosophy, policies, and procedures. You would also be responsible for providing a stimulating environment for the children. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Ensures all actions and activities meet Child Care Early Years Act
- Implements Health and Safety Standards.
- Supports children through a Reggio-inspired emergent curriculum approach, with support from the leadership of the School Director
- Observes and documents children development and learning and integrates outcomes of observations into curriculum development
- Integrates concepts of How does learning happen and Early Learning for Every Child Today throughout curriculum development and delivery
- Prepares, maintains, and supervises classroom and playground activities.
- Works in partnership with classroom team members, School Director and teachers in the school to share pertinent information concerning children, their families and classroom operations.
- Develop and maintains positive relationships with families.
- Collaborates with Community Service Providers to support all children including the implementation of programs and activities for children with differing abilities.
- Supervises field trips and community outings as required.
- Actively participates in performance management program
- Participates in ongoing professional growth and development.
- Performs housekeeping duties, as required.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.