2 Positions Available
Brampton Caledon Community Living has an opening for two full-time Resource Consultants to work within the Early Childhood Education Service. The successful candidates will work with young children with special needs and their families to ensure positive, inclusive, early childhood experiences. The successful candidates will assist children to have supportive relationships and learning opportunities within the preschool setting. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, committed to the vision of Brampton Caledon Community Living, the values of community living, and is able to work as a part of a team.
- Support community childcare programs to provide inclusive early learning and social opportunities for all children by liaising with parents, early childhood educators and other professionals.
- Assist in building the capacity and education opportunities for early childhood educators in the community.
- Developing and implementing support plans to meet the children’s developmental milestones.
- Assisting families to access social and financial resources and to develop natural networks within the community.
- Support and facilitate transition to the school system.
- Candidates must have a degree or diploma in Early Childhood Education with a year of advanced studies in children with special needs.
- Must be a registered member of the College of Early Childhood Educators (RECE).
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to express and present oneself in a professional manner; strong writing and verbal communication skills.
- An ability to work in a team environment and be self-motivated.