Vincent Massey Child Care (VMCC) is inviting applications for a full-time position in our Infant Classroom. The successful candidate will have a strong background in programming developmentally appropriate activities based on children's interests. He or she will have experience working in the Infant age group, along with leading a team of educators to develop a stimulating and inclusive program.
The candidate must have an availability between 7am-6pm Monday to Friday
Responsibilities (includes but not limited to):
- Ensures that all actions and activities meet the Child Care and Early Years Act (CCEYA) regulations and the Early Learning and Care Assessment for Quality Improvement (AQI)
- Planning and implementing programs that are engaging, stimulating and appropriate for the age group. Program must follow the Early Learning for Every Child Today (ELECT) framework and be based on the interests of the children. Program must meet the physical, cognitive, intellectual and emotional needs of the children.
- Document child's activities and daily observations into their HiMama account on classroom iPads
- Direct and lead team members to effectively implement classroom program. Responsible for ensuring all team members are consistently following all requirements outlined in the AQI.
- Advise the Program Director of pertinent information concerning children and their families
- Advocate for the policies, procedures and philosophy of VMCC
- Ensure availability for consultation with parents regarding children’s development. Able to effectively communicate appropriate guidance, feedback and instruction to parents.
- Maintain a healthy and safe environment that meets the requirements set forth by Toronto Children’s Services and VMCC
- Assist children in washroom routines, dressing and meal/snack activities
- Follow all health guidelines specified by Toronto Public Health
- Continually maintain and organize classroom to create a clean and welcoming learning environment that fosters learning and cooperation
- Model positive adult/child relationships
- ECE diploma or equivalent. Registered with the College of Early Childhood Educators and in Good Standing.
- Two or more years of teaching experience as an RECE in a licensed childcare setting. Experience working with Infants is an asset.
- Knowledge of the Early Learning and Care Assessment for Quality Improvement (AQI), Early Learning for Every Child Today (ELECT) framework and How Does Learning Happen document
- Excellent English language communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills with an emphasis on team building
- Knowledge of the Reggio Emilia philosophy is an asset
- Current and clear Vulnerable Sector Check
- Standard First Aid/CPR C
- Available Monday-Friday between 7am-6pm
- Able to legally work in Canada
This position offers competitive pay dependent on applicant's experience and qualifications. The candidate will receive an additional rate of $2.00/hr supplemented by the Provincial Wage Enhancement.
Candidates are invited to apply with an original and compelling resume and cover letter (I.e., not generated on Indeed).
Job Type: Full-time
- Etobicoke, ON
- teaching: 2 years
Required licenses or certifications:
- Police Check
- Early Childhood Education