ErinoakKids is currently seeking a Bilingual Resource Consultant to work with families and clinical teams through our Early Childhood Resources Services in the Region of Peel. Successful candidates will possess strong interpersonal and communication skills as well as have a keen interest in working with children with special needs.
Fluency in French is a must.
- Collaborate with Region of Peel families and team members to identify needs, set goals and determine service plans to facilitate child and family development at home and in the community.
- Work in partnership with assigned licensed child care program staff through coaching, modeling and supporting the achievement of center objectives and goals of the children involved.
- Provide professional learning opportunities for child care providers which support the enhancement of skills to better meet the needs of the children in the program
- Participate in the training and mentorship of Enhanced Program Support staff within assigned child care centers.
- Support a team approach for collaboration and partnership with community program staff as well as families.
- Provide families with consistent, coordinated and efficient services through building the capacity of licensed care providers to enhance quality inclusion practices through the Peel Inclusion Resource Services model within the Peel Region.
- A Diploma in Early Childhood Education with a Resource Teacher certificate. Degree in Child Studies is preferred;
- A minimum of 4 years of experience with children (infancy to age 12) with physical and/or developmental disabilities;
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of parents, caregivers, children, professionals and community members;
- Good organization and planning skills;
- Ability to work independently and in a dynamic team environment;
- Valid driver’s license and use of a personal vehicle;
- Bilingualism in French and English.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the job title in the subject line.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a criminal background check.
Thank you to all that apply, we will contact selected candidates only.
ErinoakKids will make accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
ErinoakKids is an equal opportunity employer.