The Macaulay Child Development Centre is a multi-service, child care and family support agency.
Established in 1932 as a non-profit, charitable organization, Macaulay promotes the optimal development of children in partnership with their family and community.
Macaulay programs share a common commitment to prevention, early intervention and inclusion of children with special needs.
Please explore our website to discover more about our programs - www.macaulaycentre.org
After School Program Site Lead Temporary Part-Time (9 hours/Week)
COMPETITION NUMBER: E17-01-44
STARTING DATE: As Soon As Possible – June 27th 2018
COMPENSATION: $22.50 per hour
REPORTS TO: Supervisor, Community & Prevention Services
The After School Program Lead works part-time at our After School Program with children in grades 2 to 6. This Program is located near: Black Creek/Jane & Lawrence. Programs run 3 afternoons per week (Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays).The hours of work are from approximately 2:30 to 6:00 pm and run through June, 2018.
- Lead an After School Program for school-age children based on the guidelines provided
- Plan and organize a safe environment and supervise children to protect their safety and personal well-being at all times while in the program
- Assist and support children to complete homework and other academic activities (in both groups and one-to-one)
- Lead physical activity program
- Design and implement nutrition, cooking, and health information activities
- Implement social skills curriculum
- Maintain up-to-date program records (attendance, etc.)
- Work as part of a team
- Communicate with parents/caregivers and teachers
- Graduate of a post-secondary child/youth related field such as Early Childhood Educator, Sport and Leisure, Child and Youth, Social Worker, Psychology, Education, Sociology, Kinesiology, etc
- Experience working with school-age children in a recreation or academic setting
- Excellent communication skills
- Including excellent written and spoken English
- Strong academic skills and ability to help with homework (grades 2-6)
- Strong skills in, knowledge of and ability to lead physical activity, health and nutrition and social skills activities
- Proven track record in using positive, effective strategies to lead activities with groups of children
- Ability to prioritize
- Experience working with children with special needs an asset
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR Level C is an asset.
- High Five Training is an asset
- Police check for vulnerable sector will be required
- Must be available to work three afternoons per week (approx. 2:30 or 3:00 –6:00 PM), Mon/Tues/ Wed
- Must be able to attend occasional trainings and staff meetings to 7:00 pm