Progressive. Collaborative. Accountable. Draw on your passion. Shape our community. Progressive and collaborative, with a clear, long-term vision. We value employees’ contributions and inspire excellence. We are driven by a desire to help shape and serve the growing community in which we live and work.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Early Intervention, is responsible for planning, developing and implementing support plans for infants and young children with special needs and their families in their home, child care programs, community settings and Early Intervention Services Offices.
• Successful completion of a Community College Diploma in Early Childhood Education or Childcare and a post diploma Resource Teacher Certificate, as recognized by the Association of Early Childhood Educators of Ontario or approved equivalent education.
• Minimum two (2) years experience working with infants, young children with special needs (birth to school age) and staff in inclusive settings, including experience working with families in both home and child care programs, utilizing a family-centred model of early intervention.
• Experience developing and implementing Individual Family Support Plans.
• Satisfactory Police Criminal Background Check.
• Valid Ontario Class “G” Driver’s licence and reliable vehicle for use on corporate business.
• Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, team work, initiative/self management, accountability, flexibility and adaptability.
• Knowledge of related Standards, Acts, Regulations and Guidelines as they pertain to child and family services, infant development and nurseries.
• Knowledge in program planning and case management for children with special needs, including knowledge of atypical development.
• Computer literacy utilizing MS Office software applications.
• Ability to work with families in complex situations and/or from a variety of cultures and family values/beliefs.
• Ability to lift young children and demonstrate appropriate handling and positioning techniques for children with special needs.
• Ability to work outside regular business hours as required.
These Temporary Full-Time or Temporary Part-Time opportunities will be based at any of the following office locations:
9060 Jane Street, Vaughan
9275 Markham Road, Markham
50 High Tech Road Richmond Hill
13175 Yonge Street, Richmond Hill
55 Eagle Street, Newmarket
24262 Woodbine Avenue, Keswick
How to Apply
Please apply on-line by September 22, 2017. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
$36.15 - $39.29 per hour. This is a Union position.