TITLE: REGISTERED EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATOR OR EDUCATOR ASSISTANT (BEFORE & AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAMMING)
We strive to provide high quality child care, early learning, and development opportunities that support the spiritual, emotional, developmental and physical growth of each child and family in our care. We create environments and experiences where children can explore ideas, and investigate new concepts. We do this by employing the best of the best!
We are proud of our 27 years of service within the Hamilton-Wentworth area, serving children and families through our 41 locations.
We are looking for educators who value and respect children and seeks to provide daily programming that is innovative, engaging and age appropriate.
A Typical Day May Include…
- Greeting children as they begin to arrive at 7:00 am;
- Creating daily activity schedules;
- Taking attendance before and after school;
- Organizing your space, equipment and materials before activities;
- Spending time observing how children use materials and interact with each other, so that you can plan future activities that recognize individual differences;
- Sitting down with children and participating in scheduled activities so that you can build relationships and model behavior;
- Spending time talking with parents to discuss the needs and progress of their children. (Positive feedback is always welcomed!);
- Providing positive reinforcement for children, and redirecting unwanted behaviors;
- Working with a team of dedicated caring professionals;
- Completing various administrative tasks (team meeting, daily journal);
- Help create a community of inclusion, where children, parents and educators work together;
- Having fun in a nurturing environment.
What Are We Looking For?........
- E.C.E Diploma, Human Services Diploma, OCT teachers, and B.Ed students;
- Member in good standing with the College of ECE (would be an asset);
- Current Vulnerable Sector Check;
- Standard First Aid and CPR level C;
- Up-to-date Immunization;
- Must be respectful of differing family lifestyles, backgrounds, and value systems;
- Must be able to bend, lift and carry up to 40 lbs;
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, and work at the height of children;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a fantastic team!
- Afternoons off (shifts are 7am-9am & 3pm-6pm);
- Summers off (10 month contracts);
- Onsight parking;
- Supportive environment;
- Ability to work and go to school;
- Opportunity to do additional supply work
- Competitive salaries!
When you join the Hamilton Wentworth Catholic Child Care Centers (HWCCCC) you join a team of men and women devoted to the development and growth of children, which is something we can all be proud of.
HWCCCC is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please send coverletter and resume:
Email: Tara.email@example.com or
Address: Hamilton Wentworth Catholic Child Care Centres
785 Britannia Ave, Hamilton ON L8H 2B6