Placement: Feb. 26, 2018
CLOSING DATE: FRIDAY, FEB. 16, 2018
Location: Hawthorn Meadows Nursery School
2440 Russell Rd.,
Ottawa, ON K1G 1B3
The purpose of Hawthorne Meadows Nursery School Inc. is to provide programming, which will benefit the child, the parent and the community. The growth and development of the whole child is our primary aim. HMNS’s philosophy is to enable children to participate in a program designed to meet each child’s individual needs as well as their social, physical, emotional and cognitive development. The staff encourages and promotes language development throughout the program. In acknowledging and welcoming our multicultural community, our Headstart programs believe every child, of whatever colour, race, religion, age, or sex has the right to be treated with respect and understanding. Our programs support equality, freedom of access to community services and the right to maintain one’s cultural heritage.
Reporting to the Executive Director, provide leadership and direction in the area of programming and staff supervision. The Program Director ensures that the staff plan and carry out age-appropriate programs to enhance the cognitive, physical, social and emotional development according to the Child Care Early Years Act using Early Learning for Every Child Today (ELECT) and How Does Learning Happen and in accordance to the program philosophy.
Uphold the philosophy of the program and The Ottawa-Carleton Headstart Association for Preschools.
Skills and Education
- Member in good standing of the College of Early Childhood Educators of Ontario
- Minimum of two years’ experience in related field; Previous supervisory experience
- Current Standard First Aid, CPR “C”
- Criminal Reference Check for the Vulnerable Sector not more than 6 months old.
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong programming skills and good knowledge of child development
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Self-motivating and strong leadership skills
- Organized; time management skills.
- Bilingualism an asset
Salary and Benefits:
- Current annual salary : under review
- Health Benefits and RRSP contributions.
HOW TO APPLY:
Cover letter and resume must be submitted no later than the closing date to Hawthorne Meadows Nursery School Inc. at: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please use the position title as the subject line of your application.
We thank all applicants in advance for their application. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.