Deadline April 29, 2018
Ministry of Education
The Ministry of Education is seeking a passionate leader and excellent relationship builder interested in impacting the ministry’s mandates focused on early years and child care programs and initiatives. If you want to bring your transformation, policy and program skills to life and influence change in the early years and child care sector, consider this exciting opportunity to make a difference in the lives of Ontario’s future generations.
As the Director, you will be responsible for leading the implementation of province-wide early years initiatives to deliver the government’s objective to create an increasingly integrated early years system and provide Ontario children with integrated high-quality programs that help lay the foundation for a healthy and productive life.
What can I expect to do in this role?
Reporting to the Assistant Deputy Minister of Early Years and Child Care Division, some of the highlights of this role will be to:
• Work with municipal, school board, First Nations, early years and child care partners and parents to modernize, stabilize and strengthen the early years and child care system.
• Ensure that children have the opportunity to benefit from the continued integration of the child care, early years and education systems.
• Work collaboratively with external stakeholders, ministry colleagues and across government to address issues and develop options to meet ministry priorities.
• Provide direct implementation support to partners through the ministry’s regional offices.
• Manage the selection process and funding agreements with school boards and provide oversight of Consolidated Municipal Service Managers and District Social Service Administration Boards related to their service system management roles and responsibilities.
How do I qualify?
Senior Executive Leadership:
• You are a senior leader who has demonstrated experience leading and motivating high-performing teams.
• You embrace diverse perspectives and are considered an inclusive, collaborative leader.
• You have experience working with other levels of government.
Operational Planning and Change Leadership:
• You have demonstrated experience in leading and affecting positive change.
• You have experience leading service delivery operations and implementing the large-scale implementation of initiatives/programs.
• You are experienced in working with communities and transfer payment partners.
• You have an understanding of policy development and experience contributing to policy development and legislative changes.
Passion for Early Learning:
• You have an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to an integrated early years system that is responsive to the needs of children and families in their communities.
• You understand the education and child care systems in Ontario and have worked with ministry stakeholders.
Influence and Relationship Management:
• You have experience communicating and successfully influencing across a broad spectrum of stakeholder groups.
• You have created collaborative relationships with colleagues across government, which you leverage to promote the integration and implementation of programs.
Salary Range: $130,930 - $164,930 per year
Location: 900 Bay Street, Toronto, ON
Please apply online, only, by Sunday, April 29, 2018, by visiting
follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact the
Executive Recruitment Unit at email@example.com. Only those applicants selected for an
interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance
with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.