REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED!
Check out our other sessions available in Sudbury and Waterloo.
We are partnering with long-time child and family advocate Olivia Chow and the Institute for Change Leaders to offer province-wide training sessions with the aim of connecting ECEs and early years staff with parents and engaged community members to strengthen our campaign for Professional Pay & Decent Work in early years and child care.
This 2 day training session is an excellent opportunity for those working or studying in the early years and child care sector who are interested in taking up an active role in their communities and in our Professional Pay campaign. Participants will gain the skills and confidence to engage others, to become leaders in their work or school environments and to champion positive change in our sector.
The curriculum teaches emerging leaders how to:
- Gain self confidence to tell your story/speak your mind to motivate others
- Recruit and retain members of your community/program to work towards a common goal
- Build strong Communities of Practice (CoP) that foster leadership among ECEs, staff and parents
- Strategize in a CoP setting and utilize tactics that build power and move decision makers
- Have a strong social media presence
Participants will take away skills and knowledge that can be used to organize Communities of Practice (CoP) and promote leadership among teams in a variety of early years settings.
We have a limited amount of spots available to students currently enrolled in an ECE diploma or degree program. Click here to register as a student (available on a first come, first served basis)
Lunch & refreshments will be provided for the 2 day session.
Professional Learning certificates will also be provided to participants.
1505 Carling Ave
Ottawa, ON K1Z 7L9
Google map and directions