Ottawa-Orléans Ontario Early Years Centre (Early ON Child and Family Centre)
The Orléans-Cumberland Community Resource Centre, an organization offering social and community services to residents of Orléans-Cumberland, is seeking a Biligual Family Resource Worker
Application Deadline: 8am January 8, 2018
Temporary Full-time position – 7 months contract - January 22th to August 31st 2018
The Family Resource Worker is part of a multidisciplinary team that coordinates the delivery of programs and services to meet the needs of the Orléans-Cumberland community. Under the supervision of the Program Manager, he or she participates in the development and implementation of the Ottawa-Orléans Early Years Centre’s programs. The Family Resource Worker’s responsibility is to support the needs of parents / caregivers and their children from birth to age 6 by providing the following services; playgroups, parent education with respect to child development, information and referrals, parenting workshops and maintaining links with partners in the early years sector. Parent/child drop-ins are delivered at our main site in Orléans as well as in other satellite locations.
- Post-Secondary Education Diploma in Early Childhood Education;
- Registered and in good standing - Early Childhood Educator;
- Three years of work experience with young children (birth to 6 years), parents and caregivers;
- Certificate in General First Aid and CPR;
- Excellent knowledge of child development and Ontario’s pedagogy for the Early Years;
- Good knowledge of early childhood resources and community liaison experience;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to identify and serve needs of diverse communities;
- Ability to facilitate parenting groups;
- Demonstrated flexibility, a sense of organization and initiative;
- Proven ability to work independently and within a team approach;
- Good computer skills.
- Fluency in French and English, oral and written (mandatory);
- Additional language abilities an asset.
- Hourly rate starting at $ 22.90 and up to $ 27.59
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume before 8 AM January 8th, 2018 to:
Orléans-Cumberland Community Resource Centre
Selection Committee – Family Resource Worker Position
105-240 boul., Centrum,
Orleans, Ontario K1E 3J4
By e-mail: email@example.com
The Orléans-Cumberland CRC respects the principle of employment equity and diversity.
We would like to thank all those who have submitted a job application in advance, but will only those selected for an interview will be contacted.