Registered Early Childhood Educators for Designated Early Childhood Educators (DECE) Positions
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is currently recruiting for DECE supply positions for the 2017-18 school year.
As a Supply Designated Early Childhood Educator (DECE) you will be available for both daily occasional and long term assignments. The responsibilities of the position include collaborating with the classroom teacher to plan and implement the Early Learning Kindergarten program within a classroom setting and/or taking the lead in implementing age appropriate learning for groups of students as part of the Extended Day Program.
The supply DECE will assist in delivering a faith-based full day early learning kindergarten program in an environment to enhance children’s cognitive, physical, social, spiritual and emotional development.
- A two year community college Early Childhood Education Diploma with experience in a childcare or educational setting;
- Member in Good Standing with the Ontario College of Early Childhood Educators;
- Knowledge of Ministry of Education full day early learning kindergarten program;
- Experience in planning and implementing age appropriate programs;
- Basic computer competency;
- Knowledge of related legislation and pertinent Board policies and directives such as, but not limited to Administration of Medication and/or Special Services
- Ability to stand/walk for extended periods and move/carry equipment for program; and must be able to physically assist children as required (e.g. lifting).